Jenson Healey at Tucson U-Pull-It

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Rockdodger Larry Thill
Palominas, AZ, USA   USA
I never miss a chance to visit a self-service junk yard in my relentless quest for vintage parts. What I saw today in Tucson nearly knocked my socks off! It was labeled as a 1974 Austin Healey Sprite. I peeked under the hood to see if the engine bore any resemblance to my Spitfire 1500. What I saw was a double overhead cam slant 4 with dual carbs. A little research tells me that this is a almost surely a 907 Lotus engine! What's more the car was virtually complete and reasonably straight. There was even a shop manual in the trunk/boot! The engine compartment was missing only the cover for the timing belt (assuming it was supposed to have one). Car has a four speed, power brakes and an original-looking radio. The interior was complete and in fair shape. Looks like the car might have been in covered storage. It's outside now, this is the rainy season in Southern Arizona and the top is torn. From the rotted tires, I'd guess this thing had been sitting for 20-30 years. Someone needs to grab all or part of this thing before it heads off to the crusher. Location is Tucson U-Pull-It, 4151 E. Michigan, Tucson, AZ,
.It's in the third row of foreign cars, nearly straight ahead from the yard entrance door. Sorry, but I don't live close enough to go back for another look or to pull any parts.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-09 08:10 AM by Rockdodger.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1968 Triumph TR250

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links