Help me to identify my hard top, please

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Evilhorde chad duncan
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
Hello everybody, I was gifted a hard top a few years back but I have never been able to identify it. I wonder if anyone here will know what it is.

It sure looks tiny on top of that american steel.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
twomanytriumphs Avatar
twomanytriumphs Gold Member Kyle Darby
Kelso, WA, USA   USA
1965 Triumph TR4 "My Baby"
1966 Triumph 2000 MkI "Bessie"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "The Princess"
1977 MG MGB
It has the look of a 62-70 Spitfire hardtop. More information may help. Is it steel or fiberglass/plastic? Is the window glass or plastic? Kyle.

Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, WA, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
I'm with Kyle, pretty sure he is right, regardless of the material.
Dan

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Evilhorde chad duncan
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1211444 by twomanytriumphs It has the look of a 62-70 Spitfire hardtop. More information may help. Is it steel or fiberglass/plastic? Is the window glass or plastic? Kyle.

The top is made of steel and the window is glass.

Spitnut64 Avatar
Spitnut64 Gold Member John Mills
Milwaukee, WI, USA   USA
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Sarah Jane"
It does look like a factory steel top for a roundtail Spitfire. Intact glass is a definite plus as the glass in these has (over the decades) undergone a molecular change into that mysterious substance known as unobtainium. Also good to have are the intact headliner bows. While the top may be adapted to fit any roundtail Spitfire - look to see what mounting hardware it has along the sides where it would attach near the B-post; downward pointing ‘male’ attachments would be for a Spitfire Mk1 or Mk2, while ‘female’ attachments would be for a Mk3 Spit.

budkidd Oren K
Williamsburg, OH, USA   USA
is the hard top for sale Bud Kidd orenkidd@gmail.com

Evilhorde chad duncan
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
I suppose it could be, it doesn't fit my car. I feel like I am a long ways away from you. It would be a shame to see it bent and shattered shipping it under a bus and I expect that fedex will cost more than the price.
Having said that, I guess I would want $250 for it.

Spitfireman Steve Kettle
Great Yarmouth, UK   GBR
Yes its a Spitfire hard top.. i have one exactly the same for my 1967 Mk3 Spitfire

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster