Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

laverda1200 Paul LeClair
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
Hi All

looks like the fellow behind PRI in Oregon http://prirace.com/page/triumph-spitfire

is now in Texas, doing business as

http://www.motocancelli.net/ and still offering the PRI products for Triumphs.

I am just talking to a fellow forum member about possibly buying some new unused PRI Triumph parts from the forum member, including a "worked" head, roller rockers, etc.

Does anyone here have direct experience of the quality of the PRI parts and work, especially head work?

Paul

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
JOEVACS Avatar
JOEVACS Joe Carter
Hickory, NC, USA   USA
I bought a used set of Kehin carburetors that came from PRI and needed a throttle cable so I called him. He told me ( this was back in the spring ) that he was moving his operation to Texas and was very helpful. He said he planned to grow the business and it was beneficial to move to Texas. Seemed like a good guy. The carbs on my car are working wonderful and I would bet by the looks of the other stuff he sells that it is good quality.

twomanytriumphs Avatar
twomanytriumphs Gold Member Kyle Darby
Kelso, WA, USA   USA
1965 Triumph TR4 "My Baby"
1966 Triumph 2000 MkI "Bessie"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "The Princess"
1977 MG MGB
No experience with Chris, except seeing his cars at the Portland All British Field Meet. Looks nice, but no idea to function/form etc. I did see in an old Triumph Spitfire &GT6 Magazine, that someone.... er... Used a roll bar in traffic. I remember it being destroyed (along with the car), but what counted was the driver survived. Kyle.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
They get discussed here from time to time. I think their John Philip Sousa exhaust manifold looks ridiculously cool.

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

wildwood Avatar
wildwood Rick Howe
Wayne, NJ, USA   USA
Paul i did some business with Chris in the past and he was ok at the start but then stopped answering my emails ; i got my head done and it cost a lot but it does work good ; and bought his 4 carb set which i do like so if the price is right go for it rick.smoking smiley

spitlist Avatar
spitlist Joe Curry
Sahuarita, Sahuarita, AZ, USA   USA
In reply to # 929569 by wildwood Paul i did some business with Chris in the past and he was ok at the start but then stopped answering my emails ; i got my head done and it cost a lot but it does work good ; and bought his 4 carb set which i do like so if the price is right go for it rick.smoking smiley

I have heard the same story numerous times. Maybe he is changing the name in hopes of shedding a bad reputation. Unless he changes his attitude as well, I doubt things will improve.

Joe

Jediscuba Avatar
Jediscuba Steven Spandorf
Southampton, NY, USA   USA
1963 Triumph Spitfire "Pussycat"
I've had a lot of dealings with Chris and he's built a lot of great stuff for me. His prices are not what you would call cheap. But they are quality all the way. I have his carburetors a complete stage 2+ plus engine front and rear suspension and his oversized disc brakes. What I'm saying is basically he has my entire bank account. What I do it again? You bet. Chris's stuff looks more like jewelry in car parts

kenben ken ben
olympia, USA   USA
forged pistons wear out several times faster than non forged they are stronger so they won't fail under high stress good for racing but not for street unless you want to replace them often

AJ6mod6 Avatar
AJ6mod6 Gareth T
Disabled Account, Antarctica   ATA
1989 Jaguar XJ40 "Animal2"
In reply to # 929849 by kenben forged pistons wear out several times faster than non forged they are stronger so they won't fail under high stress good for racing but not for street unless you want to replace them often.

Sorry but when people write utter bollox, they have to expect to be challenged.
If you don't know about forging or making pistons don't try to write about it.

Many many production engines have forged pistons and they last 100s of thousands of miles with massive power and torque without needing any rebuilds ever. (eg, Ford Cosworth YB ).

Those engines are making 150bhp/L not some p..ss poor overhyped 100bhp from 1500 (if you are lucky, like that con-man is claiming)

As for Cancelli, those of us who care, have actually been waiting for him to supply any form of measurement figures a decade for anything he makes....eg, POWER in DIN bhp, torque curves, fuel consumption, head flow, valve sizes, cam specs, instead of writing bollox.

Everyone else has tested their stuff especially in Germany.

The "PRI" exhaust is a total Piece of SH..T.
Anyone who knows or has designed anything will burst out laughing seeing such a thing.

FYI:- in the USA.
APT supply head figures, and full specs, so if you were stupid enough as to write out your entire bank balance to Cancelli, someone who has no idea what he is on about, and refuses to give you any measured power graphs or full specs, then you are too stupid & naive to be commenting on anything technical.

APT seem to know what they are on about, especially as David Vizard was closely involved with them.
Better ask APT first what they think of Mr Chance..lli eh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-20 09:37 AM by AJ6mod6.

grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
But it's Art

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

Attachments:
PRI exhaust.jpg    5.3 KB
PRI exhaust.jpg

AJ6mod6 Avatar
AJ6mod6 Gareth T
Disabled Account, Antarctica   ATA
1989 Jaguar XJ40 "Animal2"
I might just be one of the best people qualified to talk about "art" right now, as that's exactly why we are out here over christmas/new year doing it.

It involves countless hours of practice, hard work, proving you can work as a team with other people, and actually communicating with others to get a first class result.

ART in my book has always been 95% hard work and 5% talent, and it hasn't changed in centuries.

JOEVACS Avatar
JOEVACS Joe Carter
Hickory, NC, USA   USA
In reply to # 929894 by AJ6mod6 I might just be one of the best people qualified to talk about "art" right now, as that's exactly why we are out here over christmas/new year doing it.

It involves countless hours of practice, hard work, proving you can work as a team with other people, and actually communicating with others to get a first class result.

ART in my book has always been 95% hard work and 5% talent, and it hasn't changed in centuries.

But who cares about your art ! You are the meanest person I have ever encountered. I wouldn't support anything you created or endorsed EVER ! Just because there is no reason to be so combative and just dirty, filthy MEAN ! Can you never say anything nice about anything or anybody but your self ? ..... Ridiculous

Jediscuba Avatar
Jediscuba Steven Spandorf
Southampton, NY, USA   USA
1963 Triumph Spitfire "Pussycat"
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + With Joe

I wish some people would just crawl back under the rock from which they came and leave the rest of us alone.

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
In reply to # 929887 by grubscrew But it's Art

I believe Dave's statement to be pure sarcasm. He doesn't side with PRI. If it was stock, he'd be all for it.

GT's statement is totally true. It's just wasted money on unnecessary bling. All show and no go!

'S all for now
Vic

SBT Avatar
SBT Scott BT
Shelbyville, MI, USA   USA
1968 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Squatty"
Hey ,

Anyone need a beer ? Popcorn ?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links