AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

How totally cool is this??
  This topic is about my 1978 Triumph 1500
TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
1978 Triumph 1500 "BLK-BRY"
Anyone who followed the "door handle actuator" thread will know who this refers to....... As he seems a bit "shy" .... I'll not mention any names here.... (feel free to take credit Brian) LOL

After working with him for a short period of time, measuring, testing, providing feedback on the 3D printed actuators.... He expressed his gratitude (and I was the thankful one) for my minor efforts....

Once he learned of my daughter's name (always referred to in the past as "my daughter"winking smiley... he whipped up the shift knob in the photo.....

Denali (Cat is out of the bag now) was absolutely thrilled...... It won't be her "regular use knob"... but she promises to put it in place for every car show she ever attends.... as well as to impress her friends (once she's old enough to drive).....

Is this cool or what??

Thanks B...... She loves it......

Z

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_0608.JPG    36.5 KB
IMG_0608.JPG

clshore Carter Shore
Beverly Hills, FL, USA   USA
That is VERY COOL.

RochierJ James Rochier
Bellevue, NE, USA   USA
1971 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Gemma"
Sweet.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
SpiTazz72 Avatar
SpiTazz72 Bryan H
Magnolia, TX, USA   USA
That's great!!

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
Have him make a matching key fob.

Vegaman Dan Avatar
Vegaman Dan Dan Canaan
Pacific, WA, USA   USA
1968 Triumph Spitfire "Giles"
3D printers are fun indeed. Getting a solid unmarked surface for the lettering and top of the knob is not easy, and likely was printed upside down with some supports. I'd be curious on what the infill percentage is, as well as how many shell layers for the outside portions there were.

I made a steering wheel insert for my Mk3. 3D printing is ideal for low strength brackets, clips, etc.

lef2wander Avatar
lef2wander Gold Member James Thomas
Hatfield, MA, USA   USA
Nice touch...

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1971 Triumph Spitfire MkIV

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links