Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ppparis Paris F
PRESCOTT VALLEY, AZ, USA   USA
1980 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Potato"
Anybody having a problem completing a sale on the Rimmer Bros web site? I get a Server Error on all 6 of my computers when going to check out. Just wondering if anybody else has had a problem out there...Gonna flush My DNS Cach.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
cmfisher4 Avatar
cmfisher4 Gold Member Chris Fisher
Mystic, CT, USA   USA
I've never had a problem in the past, though it has been a while (> 6 mos) since I placed an order with them. I've done about half a dozens orders, though, and never a problem.

Chris

I learn something new every day...especially if I am working on my LBC!
Please visit my blog and website at http://www.roundtailrestoration.com

Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, WA, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
You might try a direct email to their contact point and see if they have answers.
Dan

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ppparis Paris F
I Contacted them and they don't Know whats going on. The CS Rep told me to Email a List of Part #s...Don't know how that s going to work....I NEVER had this much trouble Giving away Money ..ha ha

Anchor2 John Glynn
La Quinta, CA, USA   USA
Just did one this morning. Went right through.

Scott69GT6 Avatar
Scott69GT6 Silver Member Scott D
Toronto, ON, Canada   CAN
They have a north american number now so give them a ring.
Only problem I've ever had was ordering a few extra parts by mistake because the cart doesn't always erase a part you've punched in after and then changed your mind about. Gotta take a good look at your order before you commit and press Buy. (Anybody need any u joints cheap? I ordered some extras apparently)

ppparis Paris F
I think it may be my Internet service provider...Cable one Is Always screwed up. Or I'm just hitting a Local Server that isn't configured right.
Oh Well thanks for the info....Cheers!

Attachments:
Screenshot-2018-6-12 Object reference not set to an instance of an object .jpg    9.6 KB
Screenshot-2018-6-12 Object reference not set to an instance of an object .jpg

ppparis Paris F
OK....Deleted EVERY cookie,Saved data..Passwords...and......It worked...The Hardest $1600 I have ever Spent. Rimmer Bros, Victoria Brit and Brit Parts NW better have me on their Christmas Card List!

Attachments:
201803211526-TFVDW6AT007118-10.jpg    42.7 KB
201803211526-TFVDW6AT007118-10.jpg

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
You can always check the status of a website at down.com.

Smithisretired Avatar
Smithisretired Michael Smith
Wells, ME, USA   USA
In reply to # 1540313 by ppparis OK....Deleted EVERY cookie,Saved data..Passwords...and......It worked...The Hardest $1600 I have ever Spent. Rimmer Bros, Victoria Brit and Brit Parts NW better have me on their Christmas Card List!

$1,600? I learned some time ago to break up large orders into a few smaller ones after UPS notified me that I owed an import fee on one order that was something in the vicinity of $900. The additional S&H costs were less than the import duty on subsequent orders.

As an aside and repeating my earlier comments, I really like the service I get from Rimmer. They stand behind their products; their delivery is quick; and they are very quick with good advice upon inquiry.

RobTAR Robert I
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1540313 by ppparis OK....Deleted EVERY cookie,Saved data..Passwords...and......It worked...The Hardest $1600 I have ever Spent. Rimmer Bros, Victoria Brit and Brit Parts NW better have me on their Christmas Card List!

1600!!! That spit looks gorgeous, doesn't look like it needs a thing. Seriously nice looking car.

IanF Ian Furqueron
Croydon, PA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1540353 by Smithisretired
$1,600? I learned some time ago to break up large orders into a few smaller ones after UPS notified me that I owed an import fee on one order that was something in the vicinity of $900. The additional S&H costs were less than the import duty on subsequent orders.

Agreed. Plus, UPS has a rather antiquated system for dealing with the import duties. I didn't realize how much so until I bought something from a seller who used DHL - their system is considerably more streamlined. All handled via text messaging and they don't deliver the package until the duty is paid. Fortunately, the system is easy enough that it isn't a big deal.

Plan on a customs bill of around $40 plus whatever processing charges UPS adds.

"Lisle" - '72 GT6 basically stock and original. For now... T-9 conversion pending.
"Winnie the Poo" - '79 Spitfire 1500. Rubber to chrome bumper conversion, otherwise stock at the moment.

SpiTazz72 Avatar
SpiTazz72 Bryan H
Magnolia, TX, USA   USA
I kept having problems with the credit card company putting a hold on the order because it was a unusual foreign transaction. Once I called to have it authorized there was no problem.

ppparis Paris F
Same Here!...CC company put a hold on my RB order...Had to make a few calls.
The car may LOOK good but the suspension is a DEATH TRAP...Front and Rear have to be rebuilt along with ALL the breaks.....Big Job....I look forward to making it Mine. Thanks for the Compliments though smiling smiley

DerbyRam54 Neville Wardle
Branford, CT, USA   USA
While it may have been inconvenient in this case the credit card issuer's vigilance is generally a good thing. They've averted fraud a couple of times for me when my card details have been hacked.
Living in the northeastern US I've found Rimmer's service to be excellent. UPS picks up at their warehouse just outside Lincoln, just over an hour later it's at East Midlands Airport in Castle Donnington, next morning it's in Phillie, clears customs and on the road to CT, delivery to my door the next day.
The only problem part I had was a Spitfire water pump where the flange was thicker than the original so the studs were not long enough. I had some other studs on the workbench (MGB manifold studs) that did the job. When I told them of the problem they offered to send me replacement studs.
No connection other than a long time satisfied customer.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links