AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Need wheel help!
  This topic is about my 1967 Triumph GT6 MkI
Triumph Guy Steve Shackleford
Meridian, ID, USA   USA
I spun my GT6 into a curb and broke my left rear axle and wheel. Most is repaired now, but I'm looking for an original 60s era magnesium minilight wheel, 13 x 6. Either I can buy one that's out there or I'll have 3 for sale!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
JohnW63 John Williamson
Apple Valley, CA, USA   USA
Ouch. Sorry to hear you did that. Hopefully, someone will have one of fine one for you.

Home of the 1969 GT6+ MK II resurrection project
and a sorry looking 1968 GT6+ parts car trying to stay whole.

Spitfirejoe Avatar
Spitfirejoe Joe Guinan
Fremont, NE, USA   USA
1980 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "The Phoenix"
I may have what you need, but it's a set of four wheels and I don't want to break them up. I would sell the entire set, I think. I don't think I have photos, so will go out to my storage building this afternoon and take some. I guess it then wouldn't matter what your's look like, but I'd still like to see if they are a match. Could you post a photo of what you are trying to match?

Joe Guinan
Fremont, Nebraska

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Spitfirejoe Avatar
Spitfirejoe Joe Guinan
Fremont, NE, USA   USA
Sorry. Tornado warnings in the area yesterday kept me from getting out there and taking photos. Was busy today and will be busy for the next several days. Would still like to see the wheels you are trying to match.

Joe Guinan
Fremont, Nebraska

Meridian, ID, USA   USA
Good morning Joe,
I appreciate any contribution, but stay safe! I snapped a photo of one of the wheels and will upload it once the family is up and stirring. For now they are the same wheels shown in the picture of my car. Measurements are as follows: 13 x 6 inches. I'm not so sure how offset is measured so I did it by measuring the dept from the inside edge of the rim to the inside face and that depth is 4 inches. Casting marks show max. load of 1080 lbs. stay tuned for further adventures!smiling smiley

Meridian, ID, USA   USA
Hi Joe,

I've attached a photo of one of my wheels. If the set you have matches that would be great. However, if they don't match but look good (and fit) I still may be interested in getting them. I look forward to seeing them.

Thank you,

Steve

Attachments:
minilightwheel.jpg    48.2 KB
minilightwheel.jpg

triumph74tr6 Avatar
triumph74tr6 Chad Jester
Tulsa, OK, USA   USA
1964 Triumph Sports 6 "Speed 6"
1968 Triumph TR250 "Gene"
1971 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Ken"
1974 MG MGB GT "MiGiBiGiT"    & more
Meridian, ID, USA   USA
Hey Chad,

Good find! The lug pattern is a bit weird, but in a pinch it could work for a spare. I do like to show the car on occasions, so having them match and being period correct are important to me.

Thank you for the effort!

Steve

Spitfirejoe Avatar
Spitfirejoe Joe Guinan
Fremont, NE, USA   USA
Yeah - that is a good catch. I think mine have that same "dual lug" pattern too. Not sure until I look at them. I know mine are painted a medium grey, not the metal finish like your original and this one from eBay.

Joe Guinan
Fremont, Nebraska

Meridian, ID, USA   USA
Hi Joe,

Checking in to see if you had any luck getting a picture of the wheels you have. I'm staying tuned in.

Thx,

Steve

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster