Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

carguyfred Avatar
carguyfred Fred Hollier
Michigan Center, MI, USA   USA
Found this great GT 6 only 6 miles from my house.....
Meet the owner at a local car show and he indicated that he was interested in selling it. It is a 1971 that is not the original color but is solid all around and still looks great close up. The car drives excellent and unbelievably everything works. All this for under 5000.00 dollars. I am also purchasing some extra parts..motor, front bonnet and transmission etc. There is still some good deals out there!

1969 Triumph GT6
1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo
1956 Thunderbird
1963 Thunderbird Roadster

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_20180603_102351.jpg    34.6 KB
IMG_20180603_102351.jpg

IMG_20180603_102415.jpg    41.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
RobTAR Robert I
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
Looks like a good find!

gfe05111952 Avatar
gfe05111952 George Earwaker
Falls Church, VA, USA   USA
Nice looking car, lucky son-in-law! Great find, Fred! thumbs upthumbs up

George
1967 Triumph GT6
1967 Triumph Spitfire4 Mk2
1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk3

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
1978 Triumph 1500 "BLK-BRY"
Snag it!!

Your son in law must have really ticked you off if you want to give him a Triumph....

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Z

Spread the wealth..... the younger generation needs to get involved..... Good for you....!!!

Vegaman Dan Avatar
Vegaman Dan Dan Canaan
Pacific, WA, USA   USA
1968 Triumph Spitfire "Giles"
$5K for that? I'd be selling some other vehicles to get the funds to buy that! Dang!

otty Avatar
otty Silver Member Rick Ottenstein
SYKESVILLE, MD, USA   USA
It’s a very bad deal. Being the nice guy that I am I will relieve you of it for 1/2 of what you paid. Just kidding, that is a superb deal for a GT-6. I hope you and your son-in-law enjoy it.

sparrowpi Avatar
sparrowpi David Sherrow
Colorado Springs, CO, USA   USA
You didn't buy it, you stole it! Great find. I've been looking for one for a long time. This gives me hope mine is out there.

Just because we can, does not mean we should.

carguyfred Avatar
carguyfred Fred Hollier
Thanks for all the great posts....Andrew (son in law) really wanted one in honor of his mom who passed away suddenly last year. She as well as I both owned 71's in our youth, so he is very excited to give it some tlc and to remember her with it. And it is great to have 2 nice examples in the family.

1969 Triumph GT6
1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo
1956 Thunderbird

Notti Avatar
Notti Eric N
San Dimas, CA, USA   USA
Have any more daughters? Asking for my son.

JohnW63 John Williamson
Apple Valley, CA, USA   USA
The paint job on our project GT6 will cost about that. And you got a spare engine and trans ?

Home of the 1969 GT6+ MK II resurrection project
and a sorry looking 1968 GT6+ parts car trying to stay whole.

risingsunexperience Avatar
Trenton, NJ, USA   USA
Under $5000 is what your supposed to pay for a Spitfire or GT6 which is one of the great things about these cars.

-Unfortunately there is a league of people trying to take that aspect of them away.

They think it makes things better but I haven't really seen much good come of it after having them for approaching 20 years and being into them for 30.

That being said enjoy the car. Looks good.

carguyfred Avatar
carguyfred Fred Hollier
We have not picked up the parts yet but the engine is complete but needs a rebuild. I am not sure about the transmission. Bonnet looks solid. Car does need some tlc but is definitely worth more than the 4500.00 hundred he paid for it. Again thanks for all the posts! Fred

1969 Triumph GT6
1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo
1956 Thunderbird

JohnW63 John Williamson
Apple Valley, CA, USA   USA
Graham,

How much someone pays for anything, be it a car or a lawnmower really depends on what it is worth to THEM, not some unspoken amount it is supposed to sell for. As the popularity of a car goes up and the number that are for sale doesn't go up, the going rate will increase. Supply and demand. Not that long ago, American muscle cars were going way up. Probably due to televised auctions like Barret-Jackson and others. That market has softened quite a bit. People with worn out cars STILL think they have a gold mine, rusting away in their garage. If small British sports cars are gaining popularity, then their price will rise. Especially if there were not that many made of a given model, like a GT6. I don't think there is a group of people trying to force the price up to improve anything. It's just economics at work. How much do you want one and how much are you willing to pay for it ?

Home of the 1969 GT6+ MK II resurrection project
and a sorry looking 1968 GT6+ parts car trying to stay whole.

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
This is why I say people should buy a car from someone who's already finished a project.

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
1978 Triumph 1500 "BLK-BRY"
In reply to # 1539689 by risingsunexperience Under $5000 is what your supposed to pay for a Spitfire or GT6 which is one of the great things about these cars.

-Unfortunately there is a league of people trying to take that aspect of them away.

They think it makes things better but I haven't really seen much good come of it after having them for approaching 20 years and being into them for 30.

That being said enjoy the car. Looks good.

Under $5K.... in what condition??

FWIW - (prolly not much).... I bought Blk-Bry (78 spit) at auction for $3900 this last Christmas for my daughter... Turns out she has immaculate body, good paint, lots of replaced components (ball joints, u joints, bushings, New seat covers and cushions, Clean soft top, Upgraded Retro Stereo, Super oil pressure, Thrust washer tolerances perfect, no heating problems, brand new tires, new brake calipers and disks.... re built rear drum brakes, no rust, insulating foil throughout cabin, relatively new carpeting, the list goes on and on.....

Point is - while I got really lucky buying off 6 photos at auction...... the good deals are out there......

Yes - I've poured a few grand into her since purchase (door cards/upholstery, new gauges, new dash, custom door top caps, lowering suspension front and rear....

But - that's what we do.... not cause we have to, but because we want to...

Z

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1968 Triumph TR250

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links