AutoShrine Sponsor

brucejon Avatar
brucejon Bruce Jones
Santa Cruz, CA, USA   USA
1962 Triumph TR3B
1963 Triumph TR3B "Tupperware TR3"
1969 Triumph Spitfire MkIII
1972 Triumph TR6
In reply to # 1525882 by Triumph6100 Well I’m sorry for being so frustrating to you guys but I am just saying I am 17 so I am in high school full time and working 30 hours a week at my part time job and trying to find time to work on my new project car. Nobody in my family knows much about cars and I’m just trying to learn as I go so for the few people that are actually being helpful, thank you and I really appreciate all of your help so far. I have been getting tons of responses and I don’t have all the tools or the time to try everything that has been suggested. I do read every response but I am not able to do everything everyone suggests so I’m trying to do what I can.

Paul, regardless of anything else you should join a Triumph club. There is one near you. http://www.snic-braaapp.com. Most clubs have really great guys that love to help out in person. If you lived near us we would gladly hold a tech session on your car to help you out. I suspect the club I posted would be the same.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
In reply to # 1526499 by lef2wander ???? His car was never, ever running on points so, is putting points in that distributor the easiest route.?

It's pretty easy if the original lobes and plate are there.

Retro kits usually don't require their removal.

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
1978 Triumph 1500 "BLK-BRY"
In reply to # 1526529 by Greg1835 On the flip side, if he had points, his car would probably be running and he wouldn't be farting around with electronics. Just sayin'. EI might be the be all, end all for some, but for me, I just like the basics. Easy to fix, cheap to replace and besides, how could I tinker with the ign. if it always worked?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Might give you time to tinker with something else.... unless, of course, your Spit is like all of ours.......... and never needs attention elsewhere....

Z

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Greg1835 Avatar
Greg1835 Greg S
Rudolph, WI, USA   USA
Oh yeah. Maybe in a place with tangerine trees and marmalade skies, but not central Wisc.! Heck, I think i'd be lost without a "to do" list. But then, isn't that the purpose of this whole process anyway?

Keep the faith, Paul. Follow advise given here and when you do get a fire built in your Spit, it'll all be worth it.

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
In reply to # 1526598 by Greg1835 Oh yeah. Maybe in a place with tangerine trees and marmalade skies, but not central Wisc.! Heck, I think i'd be lost without a "to do" list. But then, isn't that the purpose of this whole process anyway?

Keep the faith, Paul. Follow advise given here and when you do get a fire built in your Spit, it'll all be worth it.

You don't have a tangerine tree? Oh my... mine is in full bloom..... cool smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Z

Lizzard d id
san jose, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1526678 by TheZster Oh my... mine is in full bloom.....

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
In reply to # 1526726 by Lizzard
In reply to # 1526678 by TheZster Oh my... mine is in full bloom.....

You met my Daddy? Cool!!

Z

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1968 Triumph Spitfire MkIII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links