Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Bodyman1123 Michael Aylward
Cincinnati, OH, USA   USA
I'm looking for a hardtop and overdrive trans for my 68 Spit . thanks Mike

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Welcome to the madness Mike. There is a Buy, sell and trade forum, you might want to check there. Everybody wants OD, but a hardtop might be easy to find.

'S all for now
Vic

grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
Go to the Buy, Sell, Trade forum and do a Search for the hardtop. I seem to remember seeing one there recently.

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Smithisretired Avatar
Smithisretired Michael Smith
Wells, ME, USA   USA
Try British Auto Salvage in Macedon, NY. Good guy, helpful, lots of cars.

http://britishautosalvage.com/index.html

Lizzard d id
san jose, CA, USA   USA
A 68 hardtop is going to use a piece of glass in the back that is very hard to come by . If you find a hard top without a good piece of glass it might be difficult to get a good replacement piece of glass .

spitlist Avatar
spitlist Joe Curry
Sahuarita, Sahuarita, AZ, USA   USA
Not only is it a good idea to find a rear glass, but ideally, finding a hardtop that already has the glass in it is the best option. In my case, I obtained a hardtop and later found a glass. But after having the hardtop stripped, painted and headliner installed, I discovered that the glass did not fit properly. The fix was to have the top torn apart and the mating seams adjusted so that the glass opening fit the contour of the window I found. As a result, I ended up having the tip finished twice, with two different headliners installed and spending over $1500 by the time I was finished.

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
1978 Triumph 1500 "BLK-BRY"
Ouch!!!

Just wonder - and have no experience on the topic..... My company glass supplier (construction) provides me all sorts of custom glass on a regular basis.... some single strength, some double, some triple, some tempered, some not.... Based on my experience - having them whip up a tempered window (flat) would seem to be simple and inexpensive.....

Again - I'm not a auto window person..... if the window in question is curved... all bets are off... if it's flat, regardless of shape.... I would think it's doable for less than $100+/-

Z

Lizzard d id
san jose, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1513442 by TheZster if the window in question is curved... all bets are off... if it's flat, regardless of shape.... I would think it's doable for less than $100+/-

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121217144903/tractors/images/0/0e/Triumph_Spitfire_MK3_1970_winter_hardtop.jpg

If it were a flat piece of glass we wouldn't even talk about it . It is well curved end to end and top to bottom ever so slightly .

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
1978 Triumph 1500 "BLK-BRY"
Gotcha.....

Z

triumphanttriumph Avatar
Newfield, NY, USA   USA
1967 Triumph Spitfire MkII
1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "The Sardine Can"
Hello, I have '67 MK2 original steel hardtop and rear glass for sale, located in NY. $500

spitlist Avatar
spitlist Joe Curry
Sahuarita, Sahuarita, AZ, USA   USA
That is a good price. If anybody has a mk3 and buys this one, I have the Mk3 side brackets I will swap even for the Mk2 ones.

Joe

In reply to # 1513518 by triumphanttriumph Hello, I have '67 MK2 original steel hardtop and rear glass for sale, located in NY. $500

ryandkg David Ryan
Hamilton, ON, Canada   CAN
Are these guys still in business? I tried emailing and got no response and then tried phoning but the number seemed to be out of service.

In reply to # 1513102 by Smithisretired Try British Auto Salvage in Macedon, NY. Good guy, helpful, lots of cars.

Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...
...Frank Zappa

Smithisretired Avatar
Smithisretired Michael Smith
Wells, ME, USA   USA
In reply to # 1513674 by ryandkg Are these guys still in business? I tried emailing and got no response and then tried phoning but the number seemed to be out of service.

In reply to # 1513102 by Smithisretired Try British Auto Salvage in Macedon, NY. Good guy, helpful, lots of cars.

It is winter time in Upstate NY and they recently had a major snowstorm and they may be off on vacation -- don';t know. However, I did a small transaction with them in October with no issues -- the entire deal was done via email. Really good guys and very helpful.

I am interested.513-207-2703. Mike

Not sure if you've gotten my replys... I am interested...saw your last price was $450?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1971 Triumph TR6

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links