AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
Just a FYI:

I've looked through the archives - asked others... and we have all come up with zip...

My local club guru found the check strap bracket that is welded on the inside of the door frame is available at:

http://trf.zeni.net/TR6-TR250GB/index.php?zoom=1&menu=A&page=322&s_wt=1280&s_ht=720

Roadster factory....body trim and fittings - TR6-TR250 parts.....

Doesn't seem to be an exact match to photos I've seen of the spit bracket... but I'm buying one to see if it works.... It's worth $20 bucks to possibly save me a trip to a metal fabricator....

Hoping this works and will end up in the archives for others..... On the other hand - if it don't work - I'll feel pretty stupid.....

Z

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, WA, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
I made a pair that looked just like the originals for about 3 bucks worth of steel, a hammer, vice and drill. Oh, yes, the hack saw to cut out the blank.
Not sure that one will extend out far enough but it may be ok.
Dan

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
If you want to prevent the door from opening so far that the door skin hits the hood you can add a strap like they put on Jeeps.

Mind you, it wont click and hold.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
twomanytriumphs Avatar
twomanytriumphs Gold Member Kyle Darby
Kelso, WA, USA   USA
1965 Triumph TR4 "My Baby"
1966 Triumph 2000 MkI "Bessie"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "The Princess"
1977 MG MGB
The TRF Tr6 bracket works. I put one in my gt6 before I painted it. Worked great. I found the link somewhere, I know Doug Hansen had something to do with it. Kyle.

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
In reply to # 1512031 by Yellowhawk Valley I made a pair that looked just like the originals for about 3 bucks worth of steel, a hammer, vice and drill. Oh, yes, the hack saw to cut out the blank.
Not sure that one will extend out far enough but it may be ok.
Dan

OK so I feel stupid.... TR6 bracket won't work.... way to big with wings that go the wrong direction..... back to the drawing board - and, as usual, going to have to follow Dan's advice.....eye rolling smiley

Z

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
anybody need this bracket - just let me know.... before it goes into the trash.....

I'm fabricating/modifying the old bracket now.... actually not that difficult - with some creativity.....

Z

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links