Andy-Sherry Avatar
Andy-Sherry Gold Member Andy Martin
Portland, OR, USA   USA
Does anyone have experience with the 750lb engine stand

Andy&Sherry
1974 Spit 1500 Carmine Red
1977 Spit 1500 Pink Panther Pink

Always learning something

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA   USA
Andy,
I’ve got 4 that I used for a rotisserie and as an engine stand. I currently have a 1275 mounted on one and have had an MGB and TR4 on there as well. I like the larger 4 wheel version better for engines since it feels more stable, but both work fine.
Rut

Lizzard d id
san jose, CA, USA   USA
I like the combo set up , cherry picker and engine stand .

http://www.buildmastertools.com/product/engine-hoist-2-ton-cherry-picker-shop-crane-w-2000lb-engine-stand/

Do you already have a cherry picker ?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, WA, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
I think the one my red 69 engine came on is a HF unit, no markings I recall. The main issue will be whether the various bolt through pieces, both the engine ends and the ends that mount to the stand, are built well enough and if they will move sufficiently to mount the engine safely.
Dan

jamesregis Avatar
jamesregis Gold Member Jim S
Kettering, OH, USA   USA
I am not a big fan of Harbor Freight stuff, but I used the 750 lb stand to hold a MGB, TR4 and a spitfire engine and it worked just fine.

cmfisher4 Avatar
cmfisher4 Gold Member Chris Fisher
Mystic, CT, USA   USA
Hi, Andy. I didn't have any problem using mine, thought the spider that the block is bolted to is a bit large relative to the engine, so you have to get a bit creative on the pattern that you put the arms in to get the engine properly secured. Otherwise, it was the best $45 I've spent...don't forget to use a coupon!!

I learn something new every day...especially if I am working on my LBC!
Please visit my blog and website at http://www.roundtailrestoration.com

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
Agree with all. It works fine. Done a TR250 , a GT6, Ford 4cyl and Chevy 350.

Andy-Sherry Avatar
Andy-Sherry Gold Member Andy Martin
Portland, OR, USA   USA
yes I have a cherry picker

Andy&Sherry
1974 Spit 1500 Carmine Red
1977 Spit 1500 Pink Panther Pink

Always learning something

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
1978 Triumph 1500 "BLK-BRY"
As a General Contractor - I've found Harbor Freight products to be a great value - assuming you won't want them to last years of abuse/use..... a one or two time shot holding an engine (that weighs so little)... will probably work out just great...... then put it on Craig's list and recoup half your initial investment....

I buy harbor freight products for a "one project use"..... some items last longer - some don't....

Z

65or66 Jim B
Lake village, IN, USA   USA
1965 Triumph Spitfire MkII
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Jusanudda Munny Pit"
i bought the 1000lb., it just looked a little more stable. It worked fine, but i have plans to use it on a couple other bigger projects too. It's only $12 more this week.

70spit Jon B
Camas, WA, USA   USA
If someone wants to buy my 57 Chevy 4-door Hardtop project it comes with 2 750# stands currently in use as a frame rotisserie and a 1000# stand with a good 265 V8 core motor on it smiling smiley

HF stands are pretty solid, I have no complaints.

twomanytriumphs Avatar
twomanytriumphs Gold Member Kyle Darby
Kelso, WA, USA   USA
1965 Triumph TR4 "My Baby"
1966 Triumph 2000 MkI "Bessie"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "The Princess"
1977 MG MGB
You should ask on the clubs yahoo group if some one has one they would part with. I bet someone has one. Kyle.

SpiTazz72 Avatar
SpiTazz72 Bryan H
Magnolia, TX, USA   USA
If you don't have an immediate need for one wait for the HF email and get 25% off, brings it down to $35 for the 750# stand.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster