Interior selection

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

MCJ1 Mike J
Chester, Cheshire, UK   GBR
Excellent quality foams, value and service from Park Lane Classics. Took a while to deliver as it is a one man band but Owen let me know the lead time after I placed my order.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
DerbyRam54 Neville Wardle
Branford, CT, USA   USA
If you haven't yet stripped the seats down you might want to be prepared for some unpleasant surprises. The seat frames are about adequate for their purpose but over time the welds can start to fail. The fact that if they have been with one owner for a long time they might have had to start bearing a slowly increasing weight might have something to do with it.
I had to have both seat backs repaired when I replaced the foam rubbers (chipmunk got in one winter and chewed them up).
If you are simply replacing like with like the job is well within most people's capabilities, you don't need an upholsterer (and definitely not at that price).

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
In reply to # 1510972 by Greg1835 I also was thinking about using zip ties when I recover my seats. However, then I think about the tmes I have run across zip ties used for various things that have been on for awhile and I noticed a number were hard and brittle - or even broken. Is this a concern when used on seats or am I just over-thinking it? Might the hog rings hold up better?

https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-stainless-steel-cable-ties-25-pk-69413.html

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
FastFwd Ken K
Worcester, MA, USA   USA
I figure if I use zip ties to get the seats the way I want them then replace them with the hog rings.

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
The stainless steel ones are a lot easier than hog rings.

spitfire50 Avatar
spitfire50 Paul Mugford
Rochester, N.H., USA   USA
Hi,
If you can't find good cable ties anywhere else, go to an electrician's supply and get T&B Ty-Rap cable ties. They are expensive, but they are about the best you will ever find.
All the best,
Paul

Greg1835 Avatar
Greg1835 Greg S
Rudolph, WI, USA   USA
I see the 7" T & B ones can be had for $13 for a bag of 100 on Amazon. That's not too bad. Gardner Bender is also a decent USA made one that is only $5/100 at my trusty(?) Menards. I have used some cheap chinese ones that aren't much count. That's probably the ones I ran across that you could break with your hands. Like I said, I'm probably mentally over-engineering it a bit!

FastFwd Ken K
Worcester, MA, USA   USA
Looks like Victoria British has a decent complete kit that I may give a try. For $2000, if I mess it up then off to the professionals to fix any mistakes.
My only concern now is the kit says the seats are 73-76. Wonder if it will work with my 79.

spitfire50 Avatar
spitfire50 Paul Mugford
Rochester, N.H., USA   USA
In reply to # 1511207 by FastFwd Looks like Victoria British has a decent complete kit that I may give a try. For $2000, if I mess it up then off to the professionals to fix any mistakes.
My only concern now is the kit says the seats are 73-76. Wonder if it will work with my 79.

Ken,
$2000! That better be the complete interior. Door cards, rear panels, seat kits, center knee pads, maybe even carpet thrown in too.
All the best,
Paul

JOEVACS Avatar
JOEVACS Joe Carter
Hickory, NC, USA   USA
That's more than I paid and I got custom made red leather , door cards, all the vinyl for trim, and carpets .... I do wish I had molded carpets though, that's the one thing I would do different

Greg1835 Avatar
Greg1835 Greg S
Rudolph, WI, USA   USA
In reply to # 1511207 by FastFwd Looks like Victoria British has a decent complete kit that I may give a try. For $2000, if I mess it up then off to the professionals to fix any mistakes.

They show the seat covers alone specific for 77-80. Everything else should be OK. I'd double ck. with them, as by the part number on the complete set, it shows 73-80. Also, if you're not in a big hurry, they usually have a spring sale that could save you 25%-35%.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1980 Triumph 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links