AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Brad.Cogan Avatar
Brad.Cogan Bradley Cogan
RAF Cosford, Shropshire, UK   GBR
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Wray"
1989 Toyota MR2 "Coral"
2007 Fiat Grande Punto "Pepper"
While being on the site I've been had strange pop ups and been redirected to pages which are clearly scams.

Just wondering if anyone wise has had this as it hasn't happened on any other site but this one.

Here's a screen shot of a redirected page.

Brad Cogan

1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 'Wray'
1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b AW11 1600 twin cam
2007 Fiat Grande Punto Active 1.2 'Pepper'

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Screenshot_20180111-190041.jpg    42.2 KB
Screenshot_20180111-190041.jpg

Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, WA, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
Usually the pop ups that I see on here, especially on the pages I am writing, are based on cookies that my machine has stored from various sites,. I usually have them from Home Depot or Amazon, and other sites that attach all sorts of cookies to me. If you, or I was a gold member then I think we would not see any ads.
Dan

spits Avatar
spits paul krause
Sunnyandhot, FL, USA   USA
1968 Triumph Spitfire MkIII
1969 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Rusty; Gone But Not Forgotten!"
1969 Triumph Spitfire MkIII
I've occasionally experienced the popups and redirects. I attributed them to rogue ads and closed and ignored.

Best,

Paul

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Spittypuss Avatar
Spittypuss Tom S
Lancashire, England, UK   GBR
1978 Triumph 1500 "Spittypuss"
Brad,

Have a look at https://www.standsapp.org/. Brilliant for stopping averts and pop ups. Can 'whitelist' for known good websites. Also you can eliminate most adverts on sites like ebay. I have used this adblocker for 3 months now with no apparent faults.

Regards,

Tom

Triumph Spitfire 1500 year 1978, colour white

Pats54 Avatar
Pats54 Gold Member Mark M
Maynard, Mass, USA   USA
1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500
2012 Volvo C70 "The Weekender"
I don't know if it has to do with the operating system or not but I always use my IPad ( apple ) and have never had an issue with pop ups, thankfully.

I can't stand them, understand why I don't think it's a free member vs a pay member thing

Good luck.

clshore Carter Shore
Beverly Hills, FL, USA   USA
Yeah, I've been getting a LOT of redirects to 'Bowflex', and to some site selling kiddie electric trucks.
Only from this site.

Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, WA, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
You guys talking about ads like this one that shows up on Pauls comment? Not sure how it all is setup but I see an ad on the original post, this one on Pauls and a Makita ad at the bottom of Carters.
Nothing on my comment.
The ones I see on this discussion are all shown as sponsored ads so they are here in purpose. I know there are others that show up now and then but they seem random.

Dan

When I went right back and looked at it again, there was an ad for a galvanized chicken feeder that I had looked at on Amazon the other day. This was added since the last look. da

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-12 11:56 AM by Yellowhawk Valley.

Attachments:
20180112_094805.jpg    26.9 KB
20180112_094805.jpg

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1507062 by Pats54 I don't know if it has to do with the operating system or not but I always use my IPad ( apple ) and have never had an issue with pop ups, thankfully.

I can't stand them, understand why I don't think it's a free member vs a pay member thing

Good luck.

I use a Samsung tablet, but have never had a problem.

I do clean cookies etc. Once in a while.

clshore Carter Shore
Beverly Hills, FL, USA   USA
The issue is not ads attached in various places to the Triumph Experience pages, it is redirection to entirely different pages that have NOTHING to do with the Triumph Experience.

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
I'm seeing this one.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1979 Triumph Spitfire

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links