1963 Spitfire OEM Radio

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

agassi70 Aaron Graeb
Daphne, AL, USA   USA
I am looking for an OEM radio for my car. Just finished restoration and now need a radio to complete it. I will never turn it on just want it for shows. Please let me know if anyone has a lead on one.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
I had an early Herald (1960) that had a factory radio that was vacuum tube powered. It required warming up before could be heard. It had Medium wave and Long wave bands.

The sad part is, I dumped sometime in the 70's it after I bought an 8 track player sad smiley

twomanytriumphs Avatar
twomanytriumphs Gold Member Kyle Darby
Kelso, WA, USA   USA
1965 Triumph TR4 "My Baby"
1966 Triumph 2000 MkI "Bessie"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "The Princess"
1977 MG MGB
Best thing to do is post a wtb ad here on the TRIUMPHEXP, and keep your eyes peeled for them. I watch eBay and from time to time they come up for sake. The radios would be the same up through about 1968 or so. Some are better than others and switch between positive and negative ground.

Kyle.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
N5329K Avatar
N5329K Silver Member Robin White
Pacific Grove, CA, USA   USA
Definitely findable on ebay. Just don't expect them to work.
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/triumph-radio
Robin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-27 08:50 PM by N5329K.

Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, WA, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
An early radio would like very similar to or the same as this one. There are a lot of Triumph and Leyland radios out there that are not Spitfire units. Though they would fit if the plate is modified accordingly. This is also an original speaker (on top)
Dan

Attachments:
Tr Radio 7.JPG    52.1 KB
Tr Radio 7.JPG

TinDrum Herald Ma
cologne, NRW, Germany   DEU
If it such an early Spitfire it should not be a BL one.
Possibly Positive earth?

Herald

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-27 09:53 PM by TinDrum.

Attachments:
s-l16004.jpg    22.4 KB
s-l16004.jpg

Tgt6 Avatar
Tgt6 Joao Simoes
Ann Arbor, MI, USA   USA
1973 Triumph GT6 MkIII "GT6 Cabriolet"
1973 Triumph GT6+ (MkII)
I have a British Leyland on that came in a GT6 (1973). It is am only and it works. Only issue is the internal gear that allows you to change channels broke, so if you can find one with that gear in good shape you can swap it out.
I can ship it to you is you pay for the shipment. I'll send a pic next week if you're interested.

A penny for your thoughts but everyone gives their 2 cents' worth...somebody is making a penny.

Joao

197? GT6 Convertible
1965 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe
1950 Dodge Meadowbrook

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster