Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

SpiTazz72 Avatar
SpiTazz72 Bryan H
Magnolia, TX, USA   USA
Has anyone tried these? Custom TKO hose clamps which come in different colors and can be engraved. Kind of pricey but I've spent a lot more on a lot less for a little bling. I've been seeing a few of them show up at car shows and they look god and no complaints from the owners.
https://www.tkoclamps.com/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-27 08:22 AM by SpiTazz72.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
tko.JPG    9.9 KB
tko.JPG

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
Those would be handy in dual carb setups.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
SpiTazz72 Avatar
SpiTazz72 Bryan H
Magnolia, TX, USA   USA
Lots of good looking options. Something a little out of the ordinary.

racer490 Jerry Bryant
Palm Harbor, USA   USA
Do you need the special pliers to attach them?

Wolfcreek Steve Steve P
Central, WI, USA   USA
At $30 a crack, they ain't from my neighborhood.

Greg1835 Avatar
Greg1835 Greg S
Rudolph, WI, USA   USA
I decided to put in an elbow in one of the lines to the water choke to get a better angle to the choke. I was short of small clamps so I just used a couple pex clamps for it. Yup, it's permanent, but I don't see a need to ever take the elbow out.

Attachments:
pexclamp.jpg    3.4 KB
pexclamp.jpg

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
1978 Triumph 1500 "BLK-BRY"
Maybe a tad off topic - but I don't think so..... For my daughter's spit - we want to replace ALL rubber hoses (coolant, fuel, vacuum, etc.) with braided color anodized hoses..... Just for the clean look of it... Spendy?? probably so.... Worth it? All in the eye of the beholder..... I've never done this before..... any issues my forum buddies can provide? (other than cost - which matters not where my daughter is concerned... LOL)

Z

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
In reply to # 1505076 by TheZster Maybe a tad off topic - but I don't think so..... For my daughter's spit - we want to replace ALL rubber hoses (coolant, fuel, vacuum, etc.) with braided color anodized hoses..... Just for the clean look of it... Spendy?? probably so.... Worth it? All in the eye of the beholder..... I've never done this before..... any issues my forum buddies can provide? (other than cost - which matters not where my daughter is concerned... LOL)

Z

Have to tell you that bling does nothing for the reliability. It's the stuff of car shows.

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
I know that.... rubber is reliable, if ugly.... but daughter want's to do shows also..... And what my daughter wants... Daddy provides.....

It's total "bling"..... but Proper Bling - does not reduce reliability either...

Z

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
The Flux Capacitor is available online.

Tell her to go back and retake her tests.

Oh wait, that would create a bunch of copies of herself.

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
I don't believe I ridiculed your perspective..... If you perceived that - I apologize....... Just because we have different viewpoints is not cause to disparage someone you know nothing about....

Z

racer490 Jerry Bryant
Palm Harbor, USA   USA
Lots of videos about stainless hose fitting. They make special tools for the cutting of the braid and applying the fittings. Most can be cut by taping the ends and cutting with a new hacksaw blade. Plan on getting your hands pierced by thousands of tiny needles.

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
That's the price of admission!! - LOL,,,,,

Still looking around - found a couple of name brand kits that simply cover existing hoses with a braided sleeve - in stainless with a number of colors for the end caps - eliminating the worry of pre-bent hoses_.... Not a bad idea.... the end caps utilize regular hose clamps (2) - but cover everything but the screw adjustment - not ugly in the least.... The end caps at the start of this thread look cool - and appear to work off a cam action similar to a watch band... pretty - but spendy - and I don't know about sizing (hose clamps do take up a lot of slop)....

Get some good work gloves - tape the ends, hacksaw them even - and hook them up..... It's called DIY.... and works with a little patience and care...
Z

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster