Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

arturo64 Avatar
arturo64 Arthur T
Billings, MT, USA   USA
Hey Jim, is that the “original” blue or did it get churched up a bit?? And what code is it? I’m going back to original for my spit, but I like the blues that can look darker than they actually are, if that makes sense.

Arthur
68 spit
70 gt6+

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
zzrg1000 Avatar
zzrg1000 Rob z
surrey, BC, Canada   CAN
I went with a silver green , it is from a 1990's era Nissan micra . Very happy with the way it looks with the chrome .

Attachments:
IMG_0030.JPG    51.6 KB
IMG_0030.JPG

79bluespit Avatar
79bluespit Rick Lazio
Burlington, ON, Canada   CAN
IMO u can go with a factory color and it will be easy to pick one you like. For me a color that pops is pageant blue. Love that color. If you go outside of factory look to Aston martin colors of the 50's and 60's.

Very subjective, but another color that pops to me esp on the spit is black on red leather interior with wire wheels. Stunning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-25 02:20 PM by 79bluespit.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
SpitfireJim Avatar
SpitfireJim Jim F
Telford, PA, USA   USA
The factory paint code is 56 Royal Blue per my heritage certificate...the shop notes from the restoration by prior owner note they took the original trunk lid to the body shop to paint match oem...but it is a base coat/ clear coat repaint so I assume it has a glossier than original finish...

I do have a matching modern paint code in my notes as well for touch up paint. Happy to share if you would like...

Thanks!

In reply to # 1504330 by arturo64 Hey Jim, is that the “original” blue or did it get churched up a bit?? And what code is it? I’m going back to original for my spit, but I like the blues that can look darker than they actually are, if that makes sense.

JohnW63 John Williamson
Apple Valley, CA, USA   USA
We seen some GT6 pictures in Royal Blue, which looks pretty good. I think she is still thinking of a white stripe, like this.

The car is and was originally white. We both think the all the chrome work stands out better with a darker color, and hopefully, more noticeable to the other drivers on the road.

Home of the 1969 GT6+ MK II resurrection project
and a sorry looking 1968 GT6+ parts car trying to stay whole.

Born Loser Avatar
Born Loser Silver Member Matthew Taylor
Land O Lake, FL, USA   USA
The Spit I posted has a stripe - its based on the Le Mans car - take a look at that, extending the stripe down the front, to the lights.

Matthew
1960 Triumph TR3a
1970 Triumph Spitfire MK 3
2012 Mini Cooper SS Convertible
2018 Jaguar F-Pace

arturo64 Avatar
arturo64 Arthur T
Billings, MT, USA   USA
Ok that is the code mine is as well. It’ll be awhile since it’s packed away for the winter. I’ll be in touch for more info down the road.

In reply to # 1504344 by SpitfireJim The factory paint code is 56 Royal Blue per my heritage certificate...the shop notes from the restoration by prior owner note they took the original trunk lid to the body shop to paint match oem...but it is a base coat/ clear coat repaint so I assume it has a glossier than original finish...

I do have a matching modern paint code in my notes as well for touch up paint. Happy to share if you would like...

Thanks!

In reply to # 1504330 by arturo64 Hey Jim, is that the “original” blue or did it get churched up a bit?? And what code is it? I’m going back to original for my spit, but I like the blues that can look darker than they actually are, if that makes sense.

Arthur
68 spit
70 gt6+

JohnW63 John Williamson
Just web surfing for Triumph info and I found this picture of a TR250.

Is that a stock Royal Blue, or a nice after market color?

trrdster Avatar
trrdster Wayne Tate
Spencer, NC, USA   USA
John, Put a strip on this one. BMW gun metal about 30 years ago. I still have one of those beauties and the Spit6 will be that color.

Wayne
1970 TR6
2000 Jaguar XK8
1949 Triumph Roadster 2000
1978 Spitfire (rust victim)
1971 GT6 (tarp covered for 12 years, rusted inside out)
1980 Spitfire (getting all the good GT6 parts, all poly suspension and Spax shocks)

Attachments:
Christine01.JPG    12.8 KB
Christine01.JPG

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
I'm torn between silver and BRG.

Everyone knows BRG raises the value of the car by $1000.

Right?

Born Loser Avatar
Born Loser Silver Member Matthew Taylor
Land O Lake, FL, USA   USA
Here is what Jag is calling BRG these days...and SOMETHING raised the value of this thing!

Matthew
1960 Triumph TR3a
1970 Triumph Spitfire MK 3
2012 Mini Cooper SS Convertible
2018 Jaguar F-Pace

Attachments:
IMG_0122.JPG    54.6 KB
IMG_0122.JPG

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
Looks like Ford Jade.

Had a Pinto in that color with a matching interior.

Sierra 6 Avatar
Sierra 6 Steve Wylie
Litchfield Park, AZ, USA   USA
Speaking of greens, I painted my TR8 Aston Martin Racing Green.
Pretty unique, and still a Brit color.

My TR6 is Mallard Blue, which is actually more green than blue and looks fantastic with a new tan interior in my opinion.

Attachments:
IMG_0029.JPG    71.3 KB
IMG_0029.JPG

tr6.JPG    70.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
SpitfireJim Avatar
SpitfireJim Jim F
Telford, PA, USA   USA
I have always really liked Mallard Green...almost bought a mallard midget about two years ago. Nice color

JohnW63 John Williamson
Ah...a bit of a thread veer. Does anyone know what color is on that TR250 I posted a picture of ?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster