Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Hdmike444 Mike S
Uxbridge, MA, USA   USA
So I figured I would update this.
I got the car up and running. I replaced the fuel pump and filter,clutch slave cylinder (pain in the ass)and master cylinder, exhaust manifold, cap rotor points and condenser plugs and wires,valve cover and gasket, a few hoses and fuel lines,battery, and some vacuum lines.
The car fired right up and runs good. I was able to get it back to my father in law and he is thrilled. Not sure how long it will stay there as he could barely get in it so the plan is it will come back to me when he is ready. My mother in law wants me to take it now but for now it is back in his garage for him to put around in.

When I get it back someday I'll be doing the suspension and brakes and a new carb and manifold. Nothing it needs just things I'll do once I own it.

Thanks for everyone's help, and hopefully I'll be here sooner than I think.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
Rule #1: You are never "done" with these cars.

It's a hobby.

alanroseman Avatar
alanroseman Silver Member Alan Roseman
Rehoboth, MA, USA   USA
1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "The Little Car.."
Mike,

I'm sorry you've given the car up so soon. It's actually pretty surprising that after all the work, combined with his inability to get in and out of the car, he didn't just give it to you, or make it a community property between you and himself.

Alan

Alan Roseman
President
British Motorcars of New England

www.bmcne.org

Check on the photos every now and then... all free for download, in all sizes.

The British Motorcar Festival Bristol RI:

Photographs - For your computer

A BMCNE Cruise:

Portsmouth & Aquidnik Island, RI

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Hdmike444 Mike S
Uxbridge, MA, USA   USA
I can use it whenever I want I just wanted to get it back to him so he could use it. Like I said my mother in law already wants me to keep it so it shouldn’t be too long

Hdmike444 Mike S
Uxbridge, MA, USA   USA
Well it’s coming back. He can’t get in and out. Updates soon!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster