AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

atjurhs Avatar
atjurhs Silver Member Todd J
Harvest, AL, USA   USA
1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Lolita"
hey guys,

in searching out for a new camshaft I came across Canley Classics. How good/reliable are they as a parts supplier? hopefully not like our beloved VB.

anyways/also they have a camshaft to fit a 1500 that has the profile of a euro MKIII. I'm thinking this would be a good choice to go with my Twin HS4s to give a primary road drive plus a little nit extra kick in the backside. I'm really no looking to add too much "performance" but a little more would be nice.

when I look at the price tag on other cams, they cost 2 to 3 times the cost of this MKIII Canley Cam that fits a 1500. usually you get what you pay for, so I'm a bit leery, but it is within my budget, and would do what I want.

so, anyone have any experience with these guys and their cam?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Andy-Sherry Avatar
Andy-Sherry Gold Member Andy Martin
Portland, OR, USA   USA
Yup that's the one I have in works great

Andy&Sherry
1974 Spit 1500 Carmine Red
1977 Spit 1500 Pink Panther Pink

Always learning something

MTBer Adrian Tayne
Grants Pass, OR, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "Chloe"
No experience with the cam, but I can vouch for them as a supplier. They are very attentive and have quality parts based on my experience. I bought my CV axles for the GT6 from them and they helped me a couple times during the conversion

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Iron man Avatar
Iron man David More
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand   NZL
Canleys and Rimmer Bros both have very good customer service. If the item is not to large Canleys may post it to you which saves on the freight cost.

David

joppamoto Mark R
Crestwood, KY, USA   USA
No problem with Canleys parts, or service. But Their shipping on a few small items I just purchased was very high ($55.00) , compared to a similar sized but heavier box from James Paddock (also the UK) for $24.00. You may want to call them about the shipping cost first, as it is not posted on the site.

colodad Avatar
colodad Silver Member Calvin Williams
Grand Junction, CO, USA   USA
1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Spitty"
In reply to # 1392790 by atjurhs hey guys, in searching out for a new camshaft I came across Canley Classics. How good/reliable are they as a parts supplier? hopefully not like our beloved VB.

anyways/also they have a camshaft to fit a 1500 that has the profile of a euro MKIII. I'm thinking this would be a good choice to go with my Twin HS4s to give a primary road drive plus a little nit extra kick in the backside. I'm really no looking to add too much "performance" but a little more would be nice.

when I look at the price tag on other cams, they cost 2 to 3 times the cost of this MKIII Canley Cam that fits a 1500. usually you get what you pay for, so I'm a bit leery, but it is within my budget, and would do what I want.

so, anyone have any experience with these guys and their cam?

Todd, did you get the Canley? and if so how has it lasted for you?
Mine is having a problem.
http://www.triumphexp.com/phorum/read.php?8,1512210

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1971 Triumph TR6

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links