AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, WA, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
The fun part will be to find some of the LHD cars that were sold in the UK intended for export but for various reasons were not. I know of two that were not exported when originally planned but have no idea what the process has been on them since. That was about 50 years ago.
Dan

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
spitlist Avatar
spitlist Joe Curry
Sahuarita, Sahuarita, AZ, USA   USA
In reply to # 1526146 by Yellowhawk Valley The fun part will be to find some of the LHD cars that were sold in the UK intended for export but for various reasons were not. I know of two that were not exported when originally planned but have no idea what the process has been on them since. That was about 50 years ago.
Dan

A lot of GI's bough those cars when I was there with the intent of bringing them home when their tour was over. A few of them got wrecked or for some other reason the owner changed his mind prior to leaving.

Joe

ShaneM Shane Meharg
Belfast, Antrim, UK   GBR
That's amazing, someday she'll be like that again.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
P M ROACH Philip R
Bruton, UK   GBR
Shane
Photos appear in low resolution site format. If you send me a private message with your email address I can send you same photos but much sharper.
Best wishes
Philip

Burner Avatar
Burner Gold Member Dale Williams
George, Western Cape, South Africa   ZAF
Interestingly South African assembled MK3 Spits all had the L suffix yet where RHD. All 4 of my MK3's have the L suffix, and all are unconverted RHD vehicles.

spitlist Avatar
spitlist Joe Curry
Sahuarita, Sahuarita, AZ, USA   USA
In reply to # 1526620 by Burner Interestingly South African assembled MK3 Spits all had the L suffix yet where RHD. All 4 of my MK3's have the L suffix, and all are unconverted RHD vehicles.

Looking through t Mk3 Spitfire Database, I see that a number of them are marked with an L suffix, but not all. It makes me wonder if there was a mixup in the personnel who stamped those plates. The real question is do all of your cars have a "4" prefix in front of the FD.

Joe

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster