Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

christrish Avatar
christrish Gold Member Chris B
Lehi, UT, USA   USA
I'm looking at buying this tub/chassis, and it has these wheels on it. Anyone recognize them? They won't be used (keeping my stock ones) but wondering if there's a market for them? The spoke count isn't the same front/back, so I'm curious.

Working to take the "D" out of DPO since 2013
Follow my restoration progress: http://73spitfire1500.blogspot.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
wheels.jpg    16.5 KB
wheels.jpg

Spitnut64 Avatar
Spitnut64 Gold Member John Mills
Milwaukee, WI, USA   USA
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Sarah Jane"
They appear to match the styling of some older Western Wheels; although you do indeed have two different styles there. I’m sure someone somewhere wants them, but whether you’re better to sell them as a complete set, or sell the two pairs separately is up to you. I have no idea of their value.

byakk0 Avatar
byakk0 Hazen Wardle
Boise, ID, USA   USA
Hey...I saw that ad yesterday and thought about posting it. grinning smiley There is also that guy in Springville that says he bought a shopful of cars he is trying to unload.

I've seen the name/style of those posted before, but it slips my mind right now. turbine, or something to that effect.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~Hazen.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
christrish Avatar
Lehi, UT, USA   USA
Thanks everyone. If I end up buying it, I'll test the waters with them on the open market for cheap. Hazen, same guy. I went to look at his parts. He has sold most on EBay already. Some good parts left, but not sure it's worth what he's asking. If he keeps coming down in price, I may reconsider buying the whole lot.

JOEVACS Avatar
JOEVACS Joe Carter
Hickory, NC, USA   USA
If you end up with 4 wheels like the front ones, I would buy them from you if you wanted to sell them. Never really liked the kind on the rear

risingsunexperience Avatar
Trenton, NJ, USA   USA
The wheels on the rear are American Racing "Vector" wheels. They are the same wheels used on The General Lee on The Dukes of Hazzard.

christrish Avatar
Lehi, UT, USA   USA
Do I have to wear Daisy Dukes if I put them on my car? smileys with beer Seriously though, interesting that they make them with a bolt pattern that fits a Triumph.

risingsunexperience Avatar
Trenton, NJ, USA   USA
Eh, when they saw that the bolt pattern on the Spitfire still hadn't changed by 1971 they probably figured there was money to be made especially since the bolt pattern is shared by at least the Herald and GT6.

Daisy Dukes? -I don't know.

People don't seem to recognize them out of the "General Lee" context.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-15 02:47 PM by risingsunexperience.

JOEVACS Avatar
JOEVACS Joe Carter
Hickory, NC, USA   USA
In the late 80s and on into the 90s there was a big surge in aftermarket wheels. It's not nearly as big now because most of the auto manufacturers have figured out they were leaving money on the table by not offering upselling of aluminum factory wheels. Most of them have gotten away from the dinky, plain wheels like what came on Spitfires. Around here anyway, you could pretty much get any wheel with any bolt pattern you wanted.

bodybuilder60 Ray Ariola
San Antonio, TX, USA   USA
did you buy the tub? if so, are the vectors for sale? I have four and would like backups

christrish Avatar
Lehi, UT, USA   USA
Hi Ray. I didn't end up buying the tub, and I don't know who it went to. Sorry.

O-sang Avatar
O-sang O-sang Ricaña
Sylmar, CA, USA   USA
the ones on the rear are made by American racing and the style is (vector) I'm missing 2 how much would you want

grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
In reply to # 1526829 by O-sang the ones on the rear are made by American racing and the style is (vector) I'm missing 2 how much would you want

LOL

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

christrish Avatar
Lehi, UT, USA   USA
O-sang, PM sent.

In reply to # 1526829 by O-sang the ones on the rear are made by American racing and the style is (vector) I'm missing 2 how much would you want

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster