Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Fuzzy68 Avatar
Fuzzy68 Steve T
Barkhamsted, CT, USA   USA
Hi all, I’m working through basically a full mechanical resto of my TR4A. When I got the car I noted that the soft top frame wouldn’t fold up all the way on the passenger side but didn’t worry to much at the time. It aligned fine when up. Figured it would be pretty straight forward fix. Well... After a little straightening, a little measuring and a little oiling. No such luck. Drivers side collapses to final position as it it should. Passenger side does not, it binds just at the point it should collapse. All joints are free. It binds weather it’s on the car or off, no difference. All I can figure is someone repaired the frame at some point and the geometry is off. Any thoughts?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
3599F05E-E1BF-4C75-968D-364B0EB5D178.jpeg    51.5 KB
3599F05E-E1BF-4C75-968D-364B0EB5D178.jpeg

FB57F609-6E9E-4A2A-A76B-C31D418E8681.jpeg    51.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA   USA
Steve,
It looks like a rivet head is sitting a little proud, 3rd one down including the header.
Rut

Fuzzy68 Avatar
Fuzzy68 Steve T
Thanks Rut, it is a little bit proud but it’s not binding or interfering with anything as far as I can see.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Geo Hahn Avatar
Mt Lemmon, AZ, USA   USA
I agree, this one does not look happy...

mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, AL, USA   USA
If you give up on it, I have a couple of spares, quarantee to work. $150 and shipping.
Marv

Fuzzy68 Avatar
Fuzzy68 Steve T
Ok tucked that little guy in so that everything is where it should be. The bar at the top of the pic still won’t drop down without force and won’t stay down.

Attachments:
C53E1B5C-D2C4-4008-B96D-EED905C62540.jpeg    39.4 KB
C53E1B5C-D2C4-4008-B96D-EED905C62540.jpeg

Fuzzy68 Avatar
Fuzzy68 Steve T
Thanks Marv,

I may take you up on that. Been pondering over this for a while. Just getting around to getting another opinion. Any thoughts on shipping cost? PM me.

mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, AL, USA   USA
Will do.
Marv

Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA   USA
Steve,
Once you have everything nailed down with Marv, stand on that frame and see what gives!
Rut

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster