AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TR4A Seat Slides
  This topic is about my 1965 Triumph TR4A
briarpatch Avatar
briarpatch Grant G
Kennewick, WA, USA   USA
Another hard earned lesson. Somehow my new seats were installed incorrectly (right to left and left to right). You can tell by looking that they are not symmetrical. In doing this, when the seat is pulled forward or lifted, it contacts the top frame, scarring the upholstery. That said, I got to looking at all kinds of photos and see differences in the seat slides. Mine (the first photo attached) has the release handle on the right side of the frames. But in looking at photos of new frames and others, the release handle is on the left side of the seat. Is it possible that they made different slides for left and right hand drive cars? I believe that it would be more ergonomically pleasing if the release lever were on the left side of the seat.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
DSC_0040.JPG    22.5 KB
DSC_0040.JPG

IMG_8860.jpg    50.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
2015-03-18 21.46.40.jpg    28.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
TR4EVER Avatar
TR4EVER James R Sullivan
Tuckasegee, NC, USA   USA
1962 Triumph TR4 "Trouble"
1967 Triumph TR4A
Good question, I just checked my old set and they are both right hand lever. I also have a new set I bought I think from Vicky Brit and they are both right hand lever. I do think right for driver and left for passenger would be better that way they are on the inside and you wouldn't catch a pant leg or something like that on the lever. Just a thought. Have a good one
Randy in the boonies

Hayesman64 Avatar
Hayesman64 Jere T
Westhampton, NY, USA   USA
Grant,
just checked my car in the garage. I have a '67 TR4A. Both levers are on right side of track.Both work fine. Got them at TRF.
your last photo looks upside down

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Scoutdog James Lindsey
Collinsville, okla, USA   USA
seat slides are the same for either side

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster