Moss Vintage Hook Mount 2-Point Seatbelts

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

rsanford Raleigh Sanford
Millington, TN, USA   USA
Hello all. Moss Motors has the Vintage Hook Mount 2-Point Seatbelts with choice of long receiver or short receiver. What does this mean and what do I want. Thanks. Raleigh.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA   USA
Raleigh,
I like the long receiver because I don’t like digging for it between the hump and seat. I also upgrade my seatbelts to three point retractables for that extra margin of safety.
Rut

BraxtonO Avatar
BraxtonO Gold Member Braxton O
Raleigh, NC, USA   USA
Raleigh - I use their 2 point hook mount type in my 4A - long receiver - snapped into the existing mounts on the car. Work great. One of the few straightforward things I've done. I've never tried the "short," but I seem to recall I've read somewhere against it for TR's. "Long" works well, and doesn't seem too long - to Ruts point - easy to grab.

Best,
Braxton

" You know - I love this thing. She's got a few leaks, but it's only the engine, gearbox, and the diff - so not too bad....."

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
rsanford Raleigh Sanford
2 for long that's all I need. Long it is. As a guy, you hate to go for the short in anything anyway. Thanks.

tomster Avatar
tomster Tom Dunbar
Annapolis, MD, USA   USA
Raleigh, How did the long seat belts work for you?
I'm thinking of ordering and might do the same.

rsanford Raleigh Sanford
Tom. They are fine - snapped right in. One comment is that to me they seem a little long but based on the other comments, it seems the short may be too short. Too long (workable) is better than too short (unworkable) in this case, I guess. It came with the mounting hooks for the car but mine (TR4A) already had them in place.

tomster Avatar
tomster Tom Dunbar
Annapolis, MD, USA   USA
OK, thanks. I ordered them in long. I would think they could be trimmed but might need some
sewing or something to get back to original.

ducbsa Bruce Metcalf
Berryville, VA, USA   USA
My car's PO said there was some adhesive to use. I have just been living with the long belts, but want to trim them and finish off the ends.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1970 Triumph GT6 MkII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links