TR3 Convertible top straps

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Tobyallen Michael A
Maple Ridge, BC, Canada   CAN
I plan on getting my top ready to install this weekend. Unfortunately the fabric straps are pretty much gone. I have new ones It’s clear from studying the bracing structure how straps were attached to braces, but I’m uncertain as to how the end of the two straps attach to the rear cowl. A picture would be fantastic if anyone has one. My top was never reinstalled after the resto. Tonneau only. I live in a rain forest so I’m thinking better get on this as I plan to drive my TR all year. Yhanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Geo Hahn Avatar
Mt Lemmon, AZ, USA   USA
Mine is folded double and attached with a plate and two screws. One is a machine screw & nut and the other is an LTD w/ machine thread and nut.

Tobyallen Michael A
Maple Ridge, BC, Canada   CAN
I’m attempting to attach straps right now in my garage. Can I trust the Macy Garage “hood stick” spacing? From the bow nearest the windshield spacing is said to be 8” center mount hole to center mount hole middle hood stick, then from middle hood stick to last hood stick spacing is center hole to center hole 15 3/4 “. From last hood stick to back cowl stap length adjusted to give a measurement at front stick of 4” above windshield header.Im questioning This because the 8” measurement does not allow the mitered end of first stick to rest or butt into the second hood stick.You would think it should butt in ???!!!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
John Wynd Avatar
Danville, KY, USA   USA
The hood sticks should line up with the seams in your hood . Measure your seam spacing - LTD center to first seam, then seam to seam. - worked for me

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1963 Triumph Spitfire

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links