AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TR3 Hood Stick Webbing
  This topic is about my 1960 Triumph TR3A
tr3guy Avatar
tr3guy Jim Horner
Harrison, AR, USA   USA
Getting ready to install the soft top on the TR3A. Does anyone know of a source for a suitable replacement for the original webbing. The original webbing which is quite deteriorated, is a rather thin but very stable (not stretchy) material. It was folded over to make a double layer, approximately 2 1/4" wide. I would consider any suitable replacement. Oh yeah,I would like tan or natural. The top is tan.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
The Roadster Factory

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

tr3guy Avatar
tr3guy Jim Horner
Harrison, AR, USA   USA
Thanks Dave. I called TRF today but they were busy and said they would call back, but I'm still waiting. I'll be waiting to hear from them.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
JOHNMIDAS59 Avatar
JOHNMIDAS59 Silver Member John Barron
Edmond, OK, USA   USA
I got new webbing from Moss pt# 644-280 two staps! Reinforced mount point to body!

6TTR3A Frank Conklin
San Diego,CA, USA   USA
There are lots of sources for seat belt material.
Comes in every shade imaginable, is the right width, doesn't stretch.
If you do a concentrated search, you can probably find it by the yard.
(Auto upholstery suppliers)
Frank

TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L Once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-13 10:17 PM by TR3driver.

KingstonO Avatar
KingstonO Simon Oliver
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
Jim ..
I started with TRF webbing, planning to dye the natural colour a suitable shade of grey .. dyeing unsuccessful! I then went to Moss webbing .. right colour, but so fragile that it tore at the attachment points. After a short search on the net, I found https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/ and they were most accommodating. Only $5.75 per yard, and countless colours. Shipping to Canada added a bunch of $$'s, but you wouldn't have that problem!
Hope it'll work out for you,
Simon.

CJD john durant
Southlake, TX, USA   USA
The original was a cotton webbing, and not all that strong if you weren’t careful raising the hood. I found a perfect replacement from JoAnn’s Fabric store in the original natural, or off white color. The most durable material would be seat belt nylon webbing, but not as was original on it.

John
Southlake, TX

'55 TR2

Drolli Carl Drolshagen
Soerup, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany   DEU
Hi Jim,

I used a car safty belt, very strong and easy to get on the next scap yard - cut off the rear ones somtimes never used,

cheers Carl

tr3guy Avatar
tr3guy Jim Horner
Harrison, AR, USA   USA
Thanks to all for all of the very helpful suggestions.

tr3guy Avatar
tr3guy Jim Horner
Harrison, AR, USA   USA
Simon, thanks for the tip for using the seat belt material for the hood stick webbing. Ordered from Seatbeltplanet, and color matched perfectly.

Great Tip!!

Jim

KingstonO Avatar
KingstonO Simon Oliver
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
Jim ..
So glad it worked out for you! I just installed mine last week, and the top looks taut and smooth. Nice product! My mildly arthritic thumbs are finding it progressively harder to wrestle the top on, but it's nice to have the option, especially here on the 'Wet' Coast smiling smiley
Cheers, Simon.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1963 Triumph Herald

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links