Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Pat.L Avatar
Pat.L Patrick Ledford
New Wilmington, PA, USA   USA
I am a ways down the road before needing a spare for my TR3 but since there were a couple of tire posts today I thought I would ask. I have a couple of 14 inch wire wheels that came with my car and I suppose I could mount a spare to one of those and it should fit but I thought a Donut spare would be a better choice. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the stud profile the same as the TR6 and if that is the case I could use a Donut Spare off a Honda Like I used for my TR6. I paid $35.00 for the Donut Spare and that was a lot cheaper than a new radial to fit the 14 inch wheel.

Patrick
1980 TR8 DHC TPVDV8AT209637
1957 TR-3 Under restoration TS20462LO
Western Pennsylvania Triumph Association
North Coast Triumph Association
TWOA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
I tried that approach; but the spare wheel would not clear the front calipers. Bolt circle was fine, and it fit in the rear, but would not turn when mounted on the front.

But you might get luckier than I was, maybe some of them will fit?

I didn't bother investigating further, and just mounted the compact spare tire to a stock TR3 wheel.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L Once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, AL, USA   USA
Use it, worst case, if flat on front, use wheel from rear on front, then put donut on rear. Little more work but not that many flats anymore.

Marv

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
BTW, I assume that's a typo, but JIC : both TR3 and TR6 came with 15" wheels.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L Once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

RobTAR Robert I
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
I'm probably going to be running wider than stock minilights, My plan is to have a patch/ plug kit, and a foot pump. If it's more serious than that, I have AAA.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1971 Triumph TR6

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links