AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

dklee12 Avatar
dklee12 Doug Klee
Toms River, NJ, USA   USA
Let's try again.
it's still just taking up space in my garage.
Hasn't been fitted on the car for close to 30 years. Reasonably decent shape with no rust and no dents.
First $200.00 takes it.

Also recently came across a pair of uprated coil springs. $30 for the pair.

Doug

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bkunka Brennen Kunka
Moseley, VA, USA   USA
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Reggie"
Would you consider shipping? If not, let me know if you still have it next Friday, it's a six hour drive for me and I can't do it this weekend.

dklee12 Avatar
dklee12 Doug Klee
Brennen,

No issue shipping but not sure that would be practical based on $ that i'm sure would be involved.
The top has been sitting in my garage for over 30 years. I don't think it'll be going anywhere soon but I will let you know if anybody swoops in.

Doug

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Tyler4834 Avatar
Tyler4834 David Robier
Nottingham, MD, USA   USA
Is this top still available? Are the fittings included? Do you have any photos? I have a truck and I could make that drive.

Thanks

dklee12 Avatar
dklee12 Doug Klee
Dave..yep still got it but I can't say for sure I have ALL of the fittings.
I know I have the two that secure the top to the car near the doors and I also have the two bolts that connect to the top of the windshield.

Great idea on the pictures. Give me a number and I'll text a few to you tonite... if I can get the clutter away from it.

Doug

dklee12 Avatar
dklee12 Doug Klee
Found these from last year

Attachments:
IMG_0005.JPG    60.5 KB
IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG    70 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Tyler4834 Avatar
Tyler4834 David Robier
Doug,

This is exactly what I need for my Spitfire. I checked Google Maps, it looks like a 3 hour drive or so. I can do that!

You can text me at 443-442-7754. I must warn you though that I am not very adept in the use of my phone. A better method to

reach me is via e-mail. Poets46@aol.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

David

dklee12 Avatar
dklee12 Doug Klee
Great news!
I'll shoot you an email and we'll coordinate from there.

Doug

Spitnut64 Avatar
Spitnut64 Gold Member John Mills
Milwaukee, WI, USA   USA
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Sarah Jane"
If you have the fitting hardware, all the better; otherwise it seems to me that much of the hardware for the squaretail hardtops is available from most of the usual suspects. (Rimmer's, TRF, Moss, Spitbits, et al.)

"Given enough time, an amateur can build anything.”

- Bob Hicks (as quoted in the 1997 "Mariner’s Book Of Days"winking smiley

Tyler4834 Avatar
Tyler4834 David Robier
Doug,

I probably already know the answer to this, but it never hurts to ask. Did the other buyer show up? I see that the top is still listed.

David

dklee12 Avatar
dklee12 Doug Klee
David,

Yep he showed and hauled it back to Virginia. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Doug

dherr2 Avatar
dherr2 David Herr
Adamstown, MD, USA   USA
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Rat Rod"
Hi David, it you are looking for a hardtop to restore, I have one and am also in MD. I can send you some pictures if you are interested. It is rust free and complete with good glass, and has has all the hardware but will need restored. I am debating keeping it for my car, but might be willing to sell. Let me know if you are interested and we can discuss the price.

In reply to # 1525735 by Tyler4834 Doug,

I probably already know the answer to this, but it never hurts to ask. Did the other buyer show up? I see that the top is still listed.

David

Tyler4834 Avatar
Tyler4834 David Robier
Hi Dave, Yes, I'm still interested. Let's talk.

David

dherr2 Avatar
dherr2 David Herr
Adamstown, MD, USA   USA
Great, I'll take some pictures over lunch and send you a PM with the details

dherr2 Avatar
dherr2 David Herr
Adamstown, MD, USA   USA
Pictures of Hardtop

Needs restored, but they all do. Solid, little surface rust on the edges, needs a headliner and weather stripping/window seals but has all the hardware and chrome trim. I'll send you a PM

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster