1967 GT6 MKI Transmission for sale

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

1967 GT6 MKI Transmission for sale
GT6 Herald
  This topic is about my 1969 Triumph GT6+ (MkII)
Dan1961a Avatar
Dan1961a Dan Hanenkrat
Wa, Brush Prairie, USA   USA
4 speed transmission, $500 ( transmission and bell housing)

Was checked out by Foriegn Parts Positively

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 11:28 PM by Dan1961a.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
arturo64 Avatar
arturo64 Arthur T
Billings, MT, USA   USA
6-2-1 header sounds interesting. Is it tube or cast? And why not use it in your build, would help everything breath? Maybe it’s for the early gt6 head ....

Arthur
68 spit
70 gt6+

RobTAR Robert I
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
Got any pics? I have a mk1 project and may spot something I want.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Dan1961a Avatar
Dan1961a Dan Hanenkrat
Sure, I’ll post them tomorrow.

Dan1961a Avatar
Dan1961a Dan Hanenkrat
The header is for the MK 1 head... straight across ports. Intake and exhaust

I’m moving foreward with build the 69 MKII based on best body sheet metal and updates the mark II received.

The MK 1 I have had the drive train, suspension and engine gone through at British Parts Positively - Keith Unsel so I expect it to be in top shape. I’m focused on the MKII - so I don’t need MKI parts.

RobTAR Robert I
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
I'm really curious as to how complete, and bad the mk1 is in total. I've got an eye out for a second one.

Dan1961a Avatar
Dan1961a Dan Hanenkrat
Rob - Kyle came down from Kelso and bought the engine.

I’ve updated the. List with with pricing.

Hopefully tomorrow I’ll add pictures.

Kyle was familiar with the 67 I’m parting. I bought it from Keith Unsel at British Parts Positively.

They had gone through the suspension, engine and drive train.

I’m confident that the transmission, reared and suspension are A+

I’m parting due the floor pans. As part of what Keith sold me I got a really straight 69 GT6 MKII in 1000 pieces.

I’m tackling the 69 and selling off parts from the 67 to help fund that.

If you’re looking for. Second frame and body for a MKI the only really issue is the floor pans. That and the crappy paint job,that I started to rework.

tlcgt6 Avatar
tlcgt6 Tommy Cook
Colleyville, TX, USA   USA
1971 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Banana Hannah"
1972 Triumph GT6 "The T"
do you have the dashboard switches? I am interested in those.

Dan1961a Avatar
Dan1961a Dan Hanenkrat
I’ll check the plastic tubs for them today.

RobTAR Robert I
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1518911 by Dan1961a Rob - Kyle came down from Kelso and bought the engine.

I’ve updated the. List with with pricing.

Hopefully tomorrow I’ll add pictures.

Kyle was familiar with the 67 I’m parting. I bought it from Keith Unsel at British Parts Positively.

They had gone through the suspension, engine and drive train.

I’m confident that the transmission, reared and suspension are A+

I’m parting due the floor pans. As part of what Keith sold me I got a really straight 69 GT6 MKII in 1000 pieces.

I’m tackling the 69 and selling off parts from the 67 to help fund that.

If you’re looking for. Second frame and body for a MKI the only really issue is the floor pans. That and the crappy paint job,that I started to rework.

Well poop. I think I may know the car now, and this would be the second time I have tried to buy it. Is it blue with a rough (maybe roller) paint job? If it is I offered 3/4 of the asking price for both cars for just the 67 when Kyle found them. It a shame that parts got sold off already, if it is the car I am thinking of I would have took the whole thing.

twomanytriumphs Avatar
twomanytriumphs Gold Member Kyle Darby
Kelso, WA, USA   USA
1965 Triumph TR4 "My Baby"
1966 Triumph 2000 MkI "Bessie"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "The Princess"
1977 MG MGB
In reply to # 1518695 by RobTAR I'm really curious as to how complete, and bad the mk1 is in total. I've got an eye out for a second one.

Like Dan says, the floors look horrible, though they do look solid. The welding is... well it looks like seagull poop and it looked like it wasn’t completely welded, like gaps, then it wasn’t ground down. Probably easier to cut the floors back and start over. The bulkhead was clearanced for wider tires at some point as well. Doors and dog legs looked good. I can’t say how complete it is, as it’s still disassembled. Kyle.

Dan1961a Avatar
Dan1961a Dan Hanenkrat
I’m going to keep them, I can’t find the 69’s in the boxes of parts I have.

Dan1961a Avatar
Dan1961a Dan Hanenkrat
Here’s some pictures

It’s missing the interior

I’ve updated the initial message to reflect the parts That come with the car if bought as a group.

I do have a lot of other spare 67 parts in boxes that I’d need a knowledgeable eye to determine if they still are useable.

Mostly suspension parts

3 Intake manifolds and filter boxes

A couple sets of Stromburg 150’s

Attachments:
792EFB33-D5A2-4D0F-AE3D-AEBD76646AE1.jpeg    31.1 KB
792EFB33-D5A2-4D0F-AE3D-AEBD76646AE1.jpeg

E7008486-856B-4CA8-B389-DFFFAF89BF79.jpeg    34.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
78262AB6-EDDC-411A-8E38-3319DB4C868F.jpeg    27 KB
296C38E5-0CD6-4EF5-8E5B-BEA4413E2DF9.jpeg    59 KB
Dan1961a Avatar
Dan1961a Dan Hanenkrat
Passanger side floor board

Attachments:
636D2762-920A-48D4-AD81-D1E1942DFA3B.jpeg    43.7 KB
636D2762-920A-48D4-AD81-D1E1942DFA3B.jpeg

RobTAR Robert I
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1518994 by twomanytriumphs
In reply to # 1518695 by RobTAR I'm really curious as to how complete, and bad the mk1 is in total. I've got an eye out for a second one.

Like Dan says, the floors look horrible, though they do look solid. The welding is... well it looks like seagull poop and it looked like it wasn’t completely welded, like gaps, then it wasn’t ground down. Probably easier to cut the floors back and start over. The bulkhead was clearanced for wider tires at some point as well. Doors and dog legs looked good. I can’t say how complete it is, as it’s still disassembled. Kyle.

This IS the car I thought it was. We had talked on the phone when you found them and I offered to go in with you on them since the owner would only sell as a package. You're facebook buddies with my wife Deanna. This would actually be for her not me.

Dan,

I'm still kinda interested as a whole. Will have to talk to the wife, and try to figure out what is gone from the car. replacing all the little things can get expensive quick.

Rob

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links