AutoShrine Sponsor

tmpass Avatar
tmpass Tim P
Medway, MA, USA   USA
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "Capo"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "Blue Oxide"
In reply to # 1508440 by trtyme LOL
Whats wrong with the color that ruins this carconfused smiley

In reply to # 1508379 by rjc157 Except for the color a lot of car for the money probably at least 15g in upgrades

Unfortunately, you are both wrong... Laurel Green is a classic color (on a great TR6) haters gotta hate I guess.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
wbclassics Kai Radicke
Syracuse, NY, USA   USA
I know the owner of this vehicle, and I know how much money and time went into it over a period of years (2011-2014).

When this car was in the "final sorting" phase at Flying Circus English Cars (FCEC), I was frequently consulted on eliminating some of the cars initial quirks after being built and optimizing the mechanical package as far as the engine / drivetrain / suspension. FCEC is a wholesale customer of mine, I provide them with engine parts kits as well as do custom engine development work on both their MGB race car and the TR6 race car one of their mechanics is involved with racing. I've known some of the staff at FCEC for almost 20 years, and they're one of the better general British car shops in this country. This TR6 wouldn't be anywhere as good as it is today, if it hadn't ended up at Flying Circus for final sorting.

The engine has a number of my engine parts (my supercharger cam, my lifters, cam plate, 6-3-1 header, I also supplied the 123TUNE distributor with the starter curve to get going before further dyno tuning, and probably some other things I can't recall), and consequently this car has been chassis dyno'd to put out almost 180hp at the rear wheels (I believe it was 177rwhp IIRC), which is about 215hp at the flywheel. Upgrades like the CV axles at the rear were done because a TR6 this powerful had very noticeable sliding spline lock with the original axles. The Revington coil-over rear suspension setup was another recommendation I made that FCEC implemented that dramatically improved the overall handling of this car. FCEC also spent a lot of time going over the car and solving little squeaks and rattles that were noticed during road testing after the initial restoration was completed.

With this car at $28k, whoever buys it is, is getting a street legal rocket-ship at an amazing price. Heck, if someone asked me to build that engine for them with the supercharger, you'd get a $20k bill from me just for the engine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-26 08:34 AM by wbclassics.

markrl Mark Laura
Middletown, NJ, USA   USA
How is the maintenance on a supercharger system as far as time and effort? Is it a constant tweaking of the air mixture, etc? I am very mechanical but I not want to spend hours and hours upkeeping the car. I never had a car with a supercharger and wonder if it might be too much as far as me maintaining or repairing this car..

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
wbclassics Kai Radicke
Syracuse, NY, USA   USA
In reply to # 1509678 by markrl How is the maintenance on a supercharger system as far as time and effort? Is it a constant tweaking of the air mixture, etc? I am very mechanical but I not want to spend hours and hours upkeeping the car. I never had a car with a supercharger and wonder if it might be too much as far as me maintaining or repairing this car..

FCEC spent quite a bit of time optimizing the Holley carb settings on the Moss Motors supercharger kit. When I sold the header to the customer we also put an O2 bung into the header collector at that time, and I know FCEC was using a wideband O2 gauge during monitoring and then tweaking of the carb under idle and running conditions (as well as logging the AFR during the dyno session runs).

I'd suggest talking to the original poster, Jon, who can get information from the current owner about the maintenance of the car in the past couple of years that it has been done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-26 03:34 PM by wbclassics.

jonoverton80 Jon Overton
Knoxville, TN, USA   USA
Bump, still available.

jonoverton80 Jon Overton
Knoxville, TN, USA   USA
Still searching for a new home.

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
...gorgeous car...

johncawth John C
Kure Beach, NC, USA   USA
still available?

jonoverton80 Jon Overton
Knoxville, TN, USA   USA
Yes it is.

iinca Steven Whitmyre
Tahoe City, CA, USA   USA
Besides all the brilliant work done..its the classic color that really makes the car. perfect!

anyone who doesn't like the green is BLIND

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster