AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

dherr2 Avatar
dherr2 David Herr
Adamstown, MD, USA   USA
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Rat Rod"
Yes, this works with either the Datsun or Subaru R160 differential.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
73Spit Avatar
73Spit Kevin Nadeau
Littleton, CO, USA   USA
1973 Triumph 1500 "Toy Spit"
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500
I am interested in all 3 pieces of this kit for my 73 Spitfire with 4AGE motor in it.

Sparrow010 Avatar
Sparrow010 Andrew Gaskin
Feilding, Feilding, New Zealand   NZL
1971 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spitie"
1974 Triumph Stag "Staggy"
Hi Kev
Im in the middle of doing this exact same repower to my spitfire hence needing a stronger diff.
did u use a T50 gear box?

Plan to get production run of diff kit started by the end of this month.
Will sort costing this week once businesses open for the new year
Hav found another place that will do machining of the raw cast diff backing plate rather than use the problematic company in Christchurch.

If there is any one else interested in buying a kit please let me know by the 14th Jan as ill be placing the order shortly after then.

cheers

Andy G
NZ

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
73Spit Avatar
73Spit Kevin Nadeau
Littleton, CO, USA   USA
Yes I used the T50 tranny from the car I got the engine from. 85 Corolla GTS. Thanks Andrew for the help on this thing, can't wait to get her going.

Dlwoolsey Duane Woolsey
Salt lake, UT, USA   USA
I am interested in a kit. Once you get the pricing worked out let me know. Thanks.

Melmac Jerry S
Löddeköpinge, Skane, Sweden   SWE
Please keep me updated too about the kit. Thanks.

Capt Morgan Rik S
San Diego, Calif, USA   USA
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Red Hot Chili Pepper" ~ For Sale ! ~
I am still interested in the kit for my 69 spitfire with buick 215 and muncie 4 speed. Please let me know when it is available.
I'd prefer this over the straight axle ford 8.8 that I bought but haven't installed yet. Than you,
Rik aka Cap't Morgan. rikhsivula@gmail.com

Attachments:
IMG_6350.JPG    34.5 KB
IMG_6350.JPG

steveJM steven mathews
Sandringham, VIC, Australia   AUS
New improved R160 kit in production.
Based on previous offer in 2015 with some improvements. See pic's

Includes
Qty 1 Rear plate,
Qty 1 Modified stronger front plate,
Qty 1 Spring plate to take original Triumph studs, with spring guide as per original.

Pre-production order for complete set $640 AUD

Send PM to arrange 50% up front PayPal payment to secure order.

Freight from Melbourne Australia at your cost to be included in final payment before shipping. (OR/ you can arrange freight yourself)
Weight of parts complete 6 kg

Steve

Attachments:
R160 Back plate.jpg    23.6 KB
R160 Back plate.jpg

R160 Front Plate V2.JPG    17.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
spring plate_V2.jpg    31.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Gregxster Avatar
Gregxster Gregg Pederson
Atascadero, CA, USA   USA
1967 Volvo Amazon (122) "The Volvo"
1969 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Tri-yota Spitfire"
Steve,
I like the new design of the front plate and spring perch. The new front plate should help prevent jacking under high HP application. I had to modify my, original design, spring perch. It did not work for the "swing spring" , 4 stud spring cradle. This one should.

For those using the stock swing axles, I can have more adapters made to mate up to the early Datsun 510 bolt-in stub axles. They only fit the later, larger Triumph U-joint flanges. You can replace them if you have an early Spitfire/GT6. PM me if you need a pair... I don't have a cost yet.

Gregg

1969 Tri-yota Spitfire: http://www.triumphexp.com/journal/gregxster

dherr2 Avatar
dherr2 David Herr
Adamstown, MD, USA   USA
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Rat Rod"
Great to see this available again. The front mount looks much more substantial for anyone with an engine swap and concerned about it flexing. Very similar to what I ended up fabricating as all I had was the Diff casting. What is the current availability of a kit? I don't have the need for my project, but will pass this along to others that would be interested.

73Spit Avatar
73Spit Kevin Nadeau
Littleton, CO, USA   USA
Steve,I sent my 50% down payment yesterday please acknowledge receipt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 02:42 PM by 73Spit.

Dlwoolsey Duane Woolsey
Salt lake, UT, USA   USA
I would also like one. not sure how to PM can you PM me and we can work out the 50% down. Thanks duanelwoolsey@gmail.com is my email. Thanks.

steveJM steven mathews
Sandringham, VIC, Australia   AUS
Production of upgraded R160 kit is underway. Qty's confirmed.
Thanks for those who got involved.

I have a few extra complete sets for any one interested.

But will not break up a set.
So - full set $640 AUD plus freight.
Approx 6kg

PM for transaction

Steve..

IanF Ian Furqueron
Croydon, PA, USA   USA
I'm planning to order a kit or two. If anyone else in the Mid-Atlantic Philly area is buying one and wants to get together to save shipping, let me know.

"Lisle" - '72 GT6 basically stock and original. For now... T-9 conversion pending.
"Winnie the Poo" - '79 Spitfire 1500. Rubber to chrome bumper conversion, otherwise stock at the moment.

rbrown0891 Avatar
rbrown0891 Ryan Brown
West Lafayette, IN, USA   USA
Hey all, I am getting things together to do this swap. I did get a diff out of an '89 Subaru GL that has the bolted in stub shafts. Anybody else question whether those bolts are strong enough for the pull out forces on the axles?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster