AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

dalew Avatar
dalew Dale W
Carbondale, CO, USA   USA
1936 Triumph Gloria "Gloria"
1936 Triumph Gloria
1959 Triumph TR3A "Rumph"
The car looks great! I was in contact with someone i believe was a former owner of this car, and he mentioned that it had been fitted with oversized pistons from a Holden. True?

I own two Glorias, one a Southern Cross with a 14/60 engine and the other is a Gloria 6 Coupe which is apparently the sole survivor.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Triumph 4.jpg    89.7 KB
Triumph 4.jpg

Steptoe1950 Avatar
Steptoe1950 John L
Kilsyth South, Melbourne, Australia   AUS
Hi Dale, yes you are correct,it was owned by Brian Bates,who has sold me both his Gloria and Dolomite.
After purchase I rebuilt them both with doors ,hood and new slab fuel tanks as per original.
I am attempting to get them as close to original appearance as possible given they are specials.
The Pistons are indeed Holden giving a displacement of 2 Litres,similar to the six cylinder.
I love your cars ,I have not had the benefit of examining an original factory sports to date.
My latest project is a 1936 Vitesse which again will be a special,but as close to the traditional T type body as I can.
Your cars would be extremely rare over there I imagine and finding like minded enthusiasts would be even harder!
Even my local Triumph car club has very few people who know of the prewar Triumphs.
We are having a prewar Triumph rally in April this year which we expect to get around 12 cars!
I would love to see some photos of your cars either in this forum or through email.
I may be over near you later this year and if convenient would love to catch up.
Regards John L

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1966 Triumph Spitfire MkII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links