How to front coilovers

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

parrisw William P
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
Did the same thing Todd on mine last year. I can’t get the ride height low enough. 16” tire. 250lb 8” spring I think.

Will

In reply to # 1502979 by TR8todd Found the box that the last set of Ebay coilover came in, but the part numbers are not informative. You just need to make sure you get the longer ones. If the ad says 0 to 4" adjustability, those should do you. Some of the ads only say 0 to 2". I'm guessing those are the short ones. Most of them generically say they fit Honda, Acura. Pick a color. Try to buy a set that the seller gives you the most info on. 250# rate springs are right at the crossover point. 250# 10 should work for a decent ride height unless you have a taller tire than stock. 275# 10" will ride a little high. If you want 275# or stiffer, you will either have to find a 9" spring or use an 8" Eibach. Of course, the length of the spring ultimately comes down to what you do for a top mount. Numbers above are for utilizing the stock rubber upper ,aunts modified to keep the 2.5" spring from walking around. My LS3 powered car has an aluminum cup for a top mount right up against a camber plate, with a roller bearing sandwiched between them. Need a longer spring on this setup.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster