tr7 wiper / washer switch

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

felixmal Felix M
lakeland, FL, USA   USA
Just replaced the turn/dip/horn switch, no problem. But the wiper switch was mounted on the old on and when removed sprang apart. Anyone have a diagram or exploded view of this switch? Trying to put the pieces back where they belong.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
felixmal Felix M
lakeland, FL, USA   USA
Figured out everything but where the v shaped brass spring goes. The spring has a circle wound into the bottom that looks like it will fit into the bottom of the pivot post on the switch, but where do the "arms" of the v go?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-08 07:41 AM by felixmal.

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, OH, USA   USA
Did you ever get this sorted? I just did the same thing...boy did I feel stupid!!

I found a picture which told the story. This link has a picture but I think it's a RHD car so reverse this.

http://www.tssc.org.uk/forum_archive/messageboard.asp-board=gt6&section=20030509121210595038314&topic=20060130233453853253906.htm

The little piece of brass installs between vertical brass contacts and the end of the switch...sandwiched if you will

Hope that helps

Todd

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
felixmal Felix M
lakeland, FL, USA   USA
That may be the clue that I needed. Now all I need is three hands with 6 fingers on each to reassemble & hold the switch together until I get a screw into the pivot post.

ANDRE7 Andrew P
Montauban, France   FRA
HI has anybody got a picture of the switch as the link is non responsive
and my spring is floating ( not me previous owner )
th

Tri-Al Avatar
Tri-Al Al Markowski
Cleveland, OH, USA   USA
Any luck with that spring? I think we have all experienced this puzzle, including Yours Truly. It goes in in a way that you wouldn't think, but once you get it right, it will make sense! I tried that link as well and couldn't pull it up. Scroll around and I hope you find a diagram . All I can say is that it does NOT go in the way you think it would! Once you get it, draw a picture and keep it in a repair manual. Good Luck.

ANDRE7 Andrew P
Montauban, France   FRA
HI ALL still looking around for the expoded view if anybody else has another place to visit
please post thanks

Strashni Avatar
Strashni Mike Partain
Clermont, FL, USA   USA
Hey everyone,

My wipers switch is also acting up and after reading this thread....I do not want to take it apart until I locate a blow up diagram as welll....anyone? anyone? anyone?

Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, OR, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1506590 by Strashni Hey everyone,

My wipers switch is also acting up and after reading this thread....I do not want to take it apart until I locate a blow up diagram as welll....anyone? anyone? anyone?

Mike:

I have rebuilt fixed a few switches, and they never seen to last long as the plastic gets pretty brittle and various bits get pretty worn.

If you decide to simply replace the switch, these guys have been a good supplier: Auto Electrical Spares

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, navy blue interior
Bare metal respray, Crower cam, raised compression
ported heads, modified Zenith carbs, 0.060" overbore

nick Avatar
nick nick m
Bend, OR, USA   USA
Others found this helpful which is just a few days old.

http://www.triumphexp.com/phorum/read.php?3,1255141

nick

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1974 Triumph TR6

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links