AutoShrine Sponsor

Front turn indicators
  This topic is about my 1979 Triumph TR7
lgray001 Avatar
lgray001 Gold Member Larry Gray
Lexington, VA, USA   USA
1976 Triumph TR7 "POS-2"
1979 Triumph TR7 "The Money Pit"
Although all of the Triumph parts houses show the front turn indicator with a solid amber lens (shown), I've see a version where the running light is clear and the turn portion of the lens is amber. The pars manuals only show one P/N as do Rimmer, Moss, and Victoria British.

Does anyone know where the two shade lens came from and where they are available?

Member Services:
A Small Business serving the aviation community with avionics knowledge.

Attachments:
Front Turn Indicator.jpg    15.4 KB
Front Turn Indicator.jpg

Mr. Nuts Avatar
Mr. Nuts Peter N
Tucumcari, NM, USA   USA
That was the UK version of the lense and probably European also. I have four NOS pair of them here, but you won't like the price. The one box I have that is marked is $64.66 for one side from maybe 35 years ago.

I have one NOS right hand lense (clear lense and amber filter) I'd let go for $40 shipped. It has a tiny crack at the screw hole that you can hardly notice, but, I won't be putting it on any of my cars. The part number for the left hand lense is 60600101.

They come up for sale from time to time on ebay generally one at a time.

...…......…...news flash...……..

I just found an extra NOS left hand lense (clear lense and amber filter) I'll sell you this pair now for $100 shipped.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-13 08:11 PM by Mr. Nuts.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, OR, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1540486 by lgray001 Although all of the Triumph parts houses show the front turn indicator with a solid amber lens (shown), I've see a version where the running light is clear and the turn portion of the lens is amber. The pars manuals only show one P/N as do Rimmer, Moss, and Victoria British.

Does anyone know where the two shade lens came from and where they are available?

Larry:

The lens you describe is the European lens, which strictly speaking, is not legal in the US. Rimmer carries it, but only as a complete assembly and then only right hand side is currently in stock.

You can get a clear lens from Rimmer, and either paint a part of it or place some yellow material behind part of it to get the same effect. It too, is currently out of stock.

I suggest you try Robsport. They list the clear lenses, although they do not show a price. This may mean they too are out of stock.

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, navy blue interior
Bare metal respray, Crower cam, raised compression
ported heads, modified Zenith carbs, 0.060" overbore

lgray001 Avatar
lgray001 Gold Member Larry Gray
Lexington, VA, USA   USA
1976 Triumph TR7 "POS-2"
1979 Triumph TR7 "The Money Pit"
At that kind of price, I don't really need them, but thanks.

Member Services:
A Small Business serving the aviation community with avionics knowledge.
TR8todd Avatar
TR8todd Todd Kishbach
Mass, USA   USA
1977 Triumph TR7 "Rally Fraud"
1978 Triumph TR8
1979 Triumph TR7
1980 Triumph TR8    & more
They really do look good on the cars thou. I've had several sets over the years. I'd find them at swap meets or in parts stashes left in the trunks of cars I've purchased. They pop up brand new on Ebay from time to time. Generally they can be had for around $30 a piece plus shipping. I think they also came in a different car. Something like an Austin Marina. There is a clear lens, and an amber insert piece. I have a set of complete lamps NIB, and at least a couple of sets of lenses now, but I'm not looking to sell them.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, OR, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1540518 by TR8todd They really do look good on the cars thou. I've had several sets over the years. I'd find them at swap meets or in parts stashes left in the trunks of cars I've purchased. They pop up brand new on Ebay from time to time. Generally they can be had for around $30 a piece plus shipping. I think they also came in a different car. Something like an Austin Marina. There is a clear lens, and an amber insert piece. I have a set of complete lamps NIB, and at least a couple of sets of lenses now, but I'm not looking to sell them.

Todd:

You must have half of the spares ever made for Wedges. I am surprised the earth has not started to wobble and then fallen into the sun from the mass of spares concentrated in your shop.

If the earth falls into the sun, I will know who to blame. hot smiley

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, navy blue interior
Bare metal respray, Crower cam, raised compression
ported heads, modified Zenith carbs, 0.060" overbore

Andrew1966 Andrew Ward
Abbotsford, BC, Canada   CAN
The lens with the clear and amber combination was standard on the UK spec cars. The USA and Canada were all amber. I am not sure what the rest of the world got.

Ron Avery Ron A
Oxnard, CA, USA   USA
I have the clear and amber lenses on my 1980 TR 8. I Purchased them from Woody at the wedge shop .

Ron
1980 TR 8
1965 E-Type Jaguar
2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT
Oxnard, CA

HowardB Avatar
HowardB Howard Brissenden
Potton, Bedfordshire, UK   GBR
UK TR7 side & indicator lightsThe UK front bumper lights are in two parts. The outer part is clear transparent moulding. Inside there is a amber plastic lens inside that covers about 2/3 of the light. In mine I have removed the amber lens and replaced it with an amber LED bulb. This link shows the fitting and the amber bulb is just about visible on the right side:-

TR7 side lights

Cheers

Howard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-16 10:05 AM by HowardB.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1970 Triumph GT6 MkII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links