Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

sheetsofsound Avatar
sheetsofsound Brent Taylor
New Westminster, BC, Canada   CAN
I am looking for information about Cheviot 'Hotwire" wheels. One of the vehicles I stripped for parts a few years back came with a pretty beat up set of these wheels.

From what I could find, they are made in Australia and perhaps came stock with some of the wedges there? I also read somewhere that they came as an option to some places in Canada? I haven't been able to find much else.

I got them off a fuel injected TR7 that was originally registered in Idaho, but was trailered to Canada as a wreck/ project car quite a few years ago.

They're pretty dirty. I'm trying to decide what to do with them. Anyone know anything about these?

Brent

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-13 09:14 AM by sheetsofsound.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
DoogieHowser Doug Milligan
Middle Island, NY, USA   USA
Brent,
I bought a 1980 2 years ago and it came with a beat up set of Cheviots. The style of mine are definitely a BBS knockoff. They cleaned up nicely but are 13 inch size. I was missing one of the center caps (note the mismatched ones in the pic)-finding replacements are like searching for unobtainium. I finally found one on ebay and got if for less than 10 bucks. They are definitely Australian origin, I have never seen another set on a TR7...and have not heard of them as an option-but in Canada who knows! I probably will be replacing them this spring with 14 or 15 inch wheels...I am not thrilled with the limited choices for 13 inch wheels.

doug

Attachments:
TR7-4.jpg    31.2 KB
TR7-4.jpg

by the way-the above is my first post on this forum...I have lurked for awhile and finally had a reason to post. as an FYI about my beast-its a John's Car's v6 conversion, dual exhaust, 5 speed and hot cam that I added a 4 barrel Holley to....it is pretty quick and exciting to say the least!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
sliproc Avatar
sliproc Kevin Quistberg E
Long Beach, CA, USA   USA
Brent,

I don't think you've got anything special there, they look like a typical, cheesy, inexpensive, aftermarket wheel that was available in the '70s, probably a BBS knockoff. I'm not sure they're worth the cost of restoration, If you like the look you might look into a set of BBSs.

I agree with Kevin-they are a bit cheesy..the "Allen head" bolts on the rim are not real...just plastic caps! they were good for me initially as I spent money on other parts of the car...but now it's time to move on...get rid of the cheesiness.

sheetsofsound Avatar
sheetsofsound Brent Taylor
New Westminster, BC, Canada   CAN
Thanks for the input. There's a reason they have been languishing behind my garden shed this past couple of years.

They are hub centric and use a lug nut with a spacer, or at least that's what came off the car. A couple of them broke on extraction.

Probably put them up for sale.

Brent

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1973 Triumph Spitfire MkIV

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links