AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

sliproc Avatar
sliproc Kevin Quistberg E
Long Beach, CA, USA   USA
Tom,

It sounds like you've got a lot of time on your hands.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR8todd Avatar
TR8todd Todd Kishbach
Mass, USA   USA
1977 Triumph TR7 "Rally Fraud"
1978 Triumph TR8
1979 Triumph TR7
1980 Triumph TR8    & more
My green convertible uses similar rotors. I think they are off a Jeep Cherokee. I also have Rover SD1 hubs that have been redrilled to 5X4.5. Those things are heavy, and bigger than need to be. I would never do another brake kit the same way again because of all that extra rotational weight.

jpfrogger Avatar
jpfrogger Tom Degenkolb
Noblesville, IN, USA   USA
I will provide the weights of all the parts compared to the factory parts once I finish this latest version. I bet it doesn’t add much weight considering the much lighter Wilwood calipers.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR8todd Avatar
TR8todd Todd Kishbach
Mass, USA   USA
1977 Triumph TR7 "Rally Fraud"
1978 Triumph TR8
1979 Triumph TR7
1980 Triumph TR8    & more
Yes, calipers are lighter, but they don't rotate. The rotors add serious rotational weight, and much of that weight is farther from the axis of rotation. Takes more power to get them spinning, meaning less power for acceleration. Same effect as if you go to larger, heavier wheels and tires. Like I said before. Wouldn't do it this way again, but it is an effective, budget friendly way to go. I don't mind spending the extra money to buy Wilwood aluminum hats and rotors. Even if for no other reason than the weight savings. Same reason I prefer the Enkei RPF1 wheels over the more traditional Panasports.

jpfrogger Avatar
jpfrogger Tom Degenkolb
Noblesville, IN, USA   USA
Here are some pics using the Dakota rotors and another set of adapter brackets that space the calipers out further to allow for the 11.4" rotor diameter. The pics show some temporary spacers behind the brackets, the ones I intend to use are larger in OD and will be welded to the adapter brackets.

Attachments:
IMG_2388.JPG    46.2 KB
IMG_2388.JPG

IMG_2390.JPG    33 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_2392.JPG    48 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1976 Triumph 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links