Tush

1959 TR3A
1960 TR3A
1962 TR4
1968 TR250
1973 TR6
1981 TR8
1981 Alfa Spider Veloce

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
nick Avatar
nick nick m
Bend, OR, USA   USA
Good thing he skipped the braking test.

nick

TeeR8 Avatar
TeeR8 Gold Member Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
This is a sad way to treat a Spyder, or any TR7; this guy is dangerous!
Watching the steering, it looks like this Spyder has the 50mph shimmy, and after this road test possibly a few more service items.

Henri
1980 TR8, Platinum
1971 MGB GT, Midnight Blue

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
POW Peter Wirth
HEBRON, NH - New Hampshire, USA   USA
If I lived in a dry, all year-round, salt free state, I would not mind a TR7 or any classic that looks like that as a daily fun car. Restorations, in my opinion, are over rated and often overdone to the point that one gets freaky if a cloud forms and a drop may fall on the perfect paint. However there is a huge difference between driving your car spiritedly and beating the snot out of it. That A-hole needs to be dragged out of the car by his stupid pony-tale and left in one of those dusty ditches by the side of the road.

sliproc Avatar
sliproc Kevin Quistberg E
Long Beach, CA, USA   USA
Next time you road test the you might get better results if you release the parking brake. Also you might want to brush up on your facts.

Mr. Nuts Peter N
Tucumcari, NM, USA   USA
I'll bet that video does more to raise market awareness of the TR7 than anything that has be done in the last 25 years. GIve it a month and more people will be looking to buy TR7s. Better buy a couple of extra ones now, before the price skyrockets. ;^)

nick Avatar
nick nick m
Bend, OR, USA   USA
I thought it was a pretty fair evaluation and fun to watch. The attempt at donuts on the dirt field was a bit juvenile but you have to jazz things up a bit for the audience. The only fact he got wrong was production dates for coupe vs convertible. But as I said, he didn't try the brakes. That would have notched down his enthusiasm a bit.

nick

GeorgeOhr Nonya Business
Yes, confused, USA   USA
Figures, right when I'm trying to find one...

Az7fan Avatar
Az7fan Paul Dorman
Tempe, AZ, USA   USA
I am with Nick on this one....the guy is having fun and that is what it should be all about.....smileys with beer

sliproc Avatar
Paul,

Somehow I just don't see you going out into a dusty field and doing that in that fine piece of machinery you're driving.

George,

I wouldn't worry to much about TR-7 prices going up, I don't think your going to see a $40,000 TR-7(or TR-8 for that matter)anytime soon.

POW Peter Wirth
In reply to # 1508966 by Az7fan I am with Nick on this one....the guy is having fun and that is what it should be all about.....smileys with beer

Hmm, so you have fun like this with your nice green coupe? drinking smiley

ozkippy Michael Kip
Emerald, Victoria, Australia   AUS
1976 Triumph Stag "Staglet"
1978 Triumph TR7 "Yellow Wedge"
1979 Triumph TR7
My thoughts are in the camp that Steve Dulchich needs a good spanking for treating any old unknown car in such a way. However its his car and its the YouTube market he's appealing too I warrant . smiling smiley
Mostly I found it surprising that he'd ignore the High temperature that apparently his gauges were showing and say all sounds OK so thrash the pants off the car regardless. Thats another paddling I'm thinkingsmiling smiley smiling smiley
Also that this car didn't want to rev. 5000 revs . barely into it my kind sir!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr Dulchich , I hope,will unleash the hounds or rather the Horses with some future rebuild to be shown in the not too distant future would my fervent wish . And none of this slightly wilder camshaft as he go the whole hog and show what an 8 valve really can do a la the Group 44 car . V8 guys don't yell at me please!!!

Michael

Az7fan Avatar
Az7fan Paul Dorman
Tempe, AZ, USA   USA
This car looks like a $500 beater to me and if mine were a beater I would play some games with it....Cheers!

POW Peter Wirth
In reply to # 1509104 by Az7fan This car looks like a $500 beater to me and if mine were a beater I would play some games with it....Cheers!

Now it's a $200 non-runner...

sliproc Avatar
It's his car and as such is his to do with as he pleases but what rankles me is this guy and guys like him are one of the reasons that over the years British cars of all makes have disappeared from the roads.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links