AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

help with a part hose TR7
  This topic is about my 1980 Triumph TR7
jb4249 Avatar
jb4249 Ted Bush
Highland Heights, USA   USA
I am unable to locate a heater hose I need, UKC 4457. Goes from the hot water choke outlet to the manifold. Any help out there?
Ted

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mcmahontr7 Chris McMahon
Fort Worth, TX, USA   USA
I see the hose in the new Victoria British catalog for $8.95. Also, I believe Rimmer Bros has it.

Chris

Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, OR, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1508450 by jb4249 I am unable to locate a heater hose I need, UKC 4457. Goes from the hot water choke outlet to the manifold. Any help out there?
Ted

Doesn't look like anything special. Have you tried getting some plain heater hose from your FLAPS as a replacement?

Many of the molded hoses on my TR8 are NLA, but can easily be replaced with standard heater or emissions hose from a local auto parts store.

If you have something that makes a sharp bend and wants to kink, you can insert a spring from the local hardware store before installing it. That way it won't kink and it will look molded.

Your choice.

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, navy blue interior
Bare metal respray, Crower cam, raised compression
ported heads, modified Zenith carbs, 0.060" overbore

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jb4249 Avatar
jb4249 Ted Bush
Highland Heights, USA   USA
I didn’t try Rimmer but called Victoria, TRF, BPNW, and finally Woody at the wedge shop. No luck. I ordered a hose from the local parts store with a 90 I it and will fit it tomorrow. I may try the spring trick for the rest of the bend.
Hope to do initial startup tomorrow.
Thanks, Ted

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster