Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Pat.L Avatar
Pat.L Patrick Ledford
New Wilmington, PA, USA   USA
I am changing the rubber window scraper on the drivers door. I loosened the regulator allowing the window to drop down to remove the clips and remove the old deteriorated scraper. However there does not seem to be enough room to insert the clip tool for the clip at the wing window. Does he little wing window need to be removed to install that front clip? Does the regulator handle need to be completely unbolted?

Patrick
1980 TR8 DHC TPVDV8AT209637
1957 TR-3 Under restoration TS20462LO
Western Pennsylvania Triumph Association
North Coast Triumph Association
TWOA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Don Andy Silver Member Donald Andreozzi
Flat Rock, MI, USA   USA
I was able to insert the tool (home made) with the clip attached at the rear side of the door and slide the clips toward the front. I was able to get the forward clip about an inch from the window frame. I remove the inside door panel in order to retrive the clips I dropped in process.

Charlie D Gold Member Charles Dankmeyer
Arnold, MD, USA   USA
Don's right, you can get to about an inch from the window frame. It's just a frustrating process for what looks like a simple task. Try adding something sticky to the tool to hold the clip from falling off--plumbers putty, silly putty etc. You shouldn't need to unbolt the regulator handle.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Pat.L Avatar
Pat.L Patrick Ledford
New Wilmington, PA, USA   USA
Thanks Guys. My home made tool is broken from the installation for my TR6 and I need to fabricate another one an change the angle. Also I am going to try and attach a small magnet.

Patrick
1980 TR8 DHC TPVDV8AT209637
1957 TR-3 Under restoration TS20462LO
Western Pennsylvania Triumph Association
North Coast Triumph Association
TWOA

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster