Another Newbie--bought TR8--Transmission question

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Ron Avery Ron A
Oxnard, CA, USA   USA
Good for you! For me cleaning and some replacement of parts is as far has I dare go. To I fixed my window washer system.
After hearing the motor work, and cleaning the plastic tank. I blew air through the lines, and discovered the plastic line was pinched underneath the air filter box on the right front of the engine bay before it went into the hood.
I think your feeling of accomplishments is much more deserved.

1980 TR 8
1965 E-Type Jaguar
2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT
Oxnard, CA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
averysumner David T
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
Any luck with finding someone to rebuild your LT77 in the Seattle area yet? I’ve got one the needs to be rebuilt as well.

lgray001 Avatar
lgray001 Gold Member Larry Gray
Lexington, VA, USA   USA
1976 Triumph TR7 "POS-2"
1979 Triumph TR7 "The Money Pit"
I couldn't find anyone in Virginia to even look at a manual transmission. That's why I rebuilt my own.

Member Services:
A Small Business serving the aviation community with avionics knowledge.
Bergie Bob Berg
Powell, OH, USA   USA
John have you tried vintage race shops that do full mechanical repair-work on vintage race cars?...they have the mechanical skills to do the work especially if they are in inside/repairing European tranny’s at the track......I used a vintage race shop back in Connecticut when I was there to rebuild the lt77 back in the late 80’s (automotive restorations)
Take a look at these folks in your area and its best to drive by and talk to them and feel them out.....

Horizon racing and performance
Jfc racing
Vintage customs
Byers custom & restoration

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
johnjb John B
Auburn, WA, USA   USA
The TR8 transmission is on hold right now pending some warmer weather. I thought I would try replacing the bushing first
along with Slick 50 oil. Have not had a chance to find a local shop for rebuild.

Bergie Bob Berg
Powell, OH, USA   USA
I would also try and get a rebuild kit for the LT77 so whoever works on it will have what they need....second gear hard parts-shift fork, synchros....check out Ashcroft transmissions in the UK...not sure if us suppliers have these..

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1978 Triumph 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links