AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tirnipgreen Avatar
tirnipgreen Silver Member Ryals Cheek
Ellijay, GA, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4 "YIN"
1965 Triumph TR4 "YANG"
"It's Alive Automotive" in Saint Louis claims to have a half dozen nice TR250's for sale at any given time. Currently, they have a white one on EBAY that is worthy of anyone's attention who is willing to pony up the Benjamins. Best of luck in your search...Ryals

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
F1000RACER Avatar
F1000RACER Platinum Member Gary H
Alpine, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1533807 by Ricardito Gary,
Woa there! Did you say $75K ("north of"winking smiley? In that case prices have not only risen but skyrocketed.
Perhaps it's time for me to rethink this whole TR-250 quest. Heck, I just like the looks in which case an equally nicely done TR-4 or TR-4A wouldn't require forking over such a princely sum.
I'll let it play out a little longer and see what floats up.
Thanks all the same.

I think you misread my post. What I was trying to impress upon you was the value of Marv's restoration. Yes you could easily spend $75k on a restoration....and that includes a TR4. If you were paying normal restoration shop rates plus parts yes it can easily hit that. If you have to do replace floors, rockers, sills the costs can go rocketing up.

There is no real difference in the cost to restore a TR4 or a TR250 other than the initial cost of the car. Being the TR250 a one year only car with low production numbers it will always have a higher resale value and that will not change.

GH

Ricardito Ric Landeira
Longmont, CO, USA   USA
Thank you all for your constructive comments and advice.
I am no longer interested in a TR-250 purchase.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
StagByTriumph Avatar
StagByTriumph Glenn Merrell
Lafayette, CO, USA   USA
Ricardito,

Too bad you are no longer interested in a TR250 ...

I'm in Lafayette Colorado.

If you have seen Bob Becwar's TR250 in RMTC, it is just like it, only mine is Triumph Racing Green.

This might or might not be the car for you. It is close - Denver area requirement, it is overall in Very Good condition but Original. If you want cosmetically Good - excellent but needing mechanical, good luck in your search, you will be looking for a very long time.

Mine is an original 100% rust free survivor Driver, original Bumblebee Striped hoses in place, lots of new parts, most in boxes - Dash, Interior, suspension and bushing sets, new hose sets (not bumblebee) , , other stuff, Paint is fair, body has some dings and dents here and there, looks great from 10 feet. Engine and trans is very strong, 80K original miles and always garaged.

I am the third owner, this TR250 was originally purchased from Scotland Yard Dealer in Denver and lived in Wyoming all its life until I bought it in 2013.

I have rebuilt the doors, added new stainless steel OEM style exhaust, dual bullet style mirrors, have extra OE Rostyle wheel covers, double tonneau's, sets of replacement snaps, etc, etc., also lining up a set of Minilite like new wheels with Michelin MVS tires as an option, plus I have new spindles for adding wire knockoff wheels sometime down the road. So LOTS of value here.

Not cheap either as I had one when I was a kid and looked a very long time to locate this quality of a TR250, most are simply rotted away.

I need $25k which is my "I really don't want to sell it and you need to convince my wife" price, but I have too many toys now to work on, and it is worth every penny. Wife says hot smiley"NOT FOR SALE!hot smiley

Not really interested in negotiating or trading, this car value will only increase.

Cheers!

Glenn Merrell, a.k.a. StagByTriumph / Garage
1968 TRG TR250; 1973 Mimosa Triumph Stag; 2000 XJ8; 2001 XJ8
"The BEST Trophies are: Miles on the Odometer; Stone Chips in the paint; Dead Bugs on the Windscreen (and the occasional smell of manure!)" an S by T Original quote!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-13 03:56 PM by StagByTriumph.

Attachments:
DSCN0062.JPG    60.5 KB
DSCN0062.JPG

DSCN0063.JPG    52.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
DSCN0064.JPG    53.3 KB
DSCN0065.JPG    57.4 KB
skootch13 Avatar
skootch13 Aaron K
Cincinnati, OH, USA   USA
Stag,

Sending you a PM

1972 Sapphire Blue TR6

1959 (Registered '60) TR3 TS61635 L

StagByTriumph Avatar
Lafayette, CO, USA   USA
All,

Okay, hold the phone and PM's ...

So I asked the wife and the response was not at all pleasant, basically she said hot smiley WHAT, sell the TR250 ?!?!? hot smiley H@!! NO!

End of conversation ...

Vindication ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out cool smiley

"The BEST Trophies are: Miles on the Odometer; Stone Chips in the paint; Dead Bugs on the Windscreen (and the occasional smell of manure!)" an S by T Original quote!

StagByTriumph Avatar
Lafayette, CO, USA   USA
In reply to # 1534699 by tirnipgreen "It's Alive Automotive" in Saint Louis claims to have a half dozen nice TR250's for sale at any given time. Currently, they have a white one on EBAY that is worthy of anyone's attention who is willing to pony up the Benjamins. Best of luck in your search...Ryals

Well not really. As of a check of their site 13 June, they have two running, only one of those is for sale at $30K, and 4 that are "restoration" candidates starting at $13k with the sales pitch they will restore any of them for you or restore to any stage.

Ricardito Ric Landeira
Longmont, CO, USA   USA
OK guys,
Here I am again. No, I haven't found anything yet even though once in a great while (two today!) someone comes up with a possibility but, alas, it fizzles out in the end and I'm back to square one. I'm beginning to feel like Charlie Brown, hoping that Lucy won't pull that football out right before I kick it. In sum, I remain interested (though sooner or later I'll get tired of playing), I have the funds and I'm willing to listen to real honest offers. But, please be sure you mean it and aren't just dorking around.

StagByTriumph Avatar
Lafayette, CO, USA   USA
Ric,

I know that Vintage Motors in Lyons Colorado has a TR250 bought out or Arkansas, go see George Raffensperger.

I directed him to it sometime last year for sale from the Lake Corvallis crew and he bought it.

It is good cosmetically, has wire wheels, maybe an OE OD, is running, but needs some engine and electrical work, I also think he is clearing up some title issues.

I have no idea how much he will be asking for it so negotiation is up to your skills knowing what TR250's are worth

Warning, once the word gets out there will be a bidding war ... oh, the word is out !!.

http://www.vintagemotorslyons.com/

His contact info is George Raffensperger <vintagemotorslyons@gmail.com>

F1000RACER Avatar
Alpine, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1540450 by StagByTriumph
In reply to # 1534699 by tirnipgreen "It's Alive Automotive" in Saint Louis claims to have a half dozen nice TR250's for sale at any given time. Currently, they have a white one on EBAY that is worthy of anyone's attention who is willing to pony up the Benjamins. Best of luck in your search...Ryals

Well not really. As of a check of their site 13 June, they have two running, only one of those is for sale at $30K, and 4 that are "restoration" candidates starting at $13k with the sales pitch they will restore any of them for you or restore to any stage.

They're stuff is ALL in need of restoration. Fairly certain they're the ones that bought the former cars owned by Wyatt Wolcott and most here know the condition they were in.

I think they also have a tendency to lets say....embellish things a bit.

GH

F1000RACER Avatar
Alpine, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1540460 by Ricardito OK guys,
Here I am again. No, I haven't found anything yet even though once in a great while (two today!) someone comes up with a possibility but, alas, it fizzles out in the end and I'm back to square one. I'm beginning to feel like Charlie Brown, hoping that Lucy won't pull that football out right before I kick it. In sum, I remain interested (though sooner or later I'll get tired of playing), I have the funds and I'm willing to listen to real honest offers. But, please be sure you mean it and aren't just dorking around.

I know of a few quality TR250's that could be bought. Can you give me an idea of your max price you'd pay? One car I have in mind is an original 2 owner Valencia Blue TR250 here in San Diego. It has been professionally maintained for the past 20 plus years of its life. I think it could be had for $32k. This car needs nothing.

GH

Ricardito Ric Landeira
Longmont, CO, USA   USA
Glenn,
I know about Raffensberger's TR-250, he showed it to me a couple of months ago and said he wanted to drive it for the summer before putting it up for sale. Only wish you and I had been in contact before, given that, as you pointed out earlier, we're almost neighbors and both interested in British iron. Give me a call or email me and perhaps we can come up with some real possibilities for me. I have several vintage toys that you might be tempted by.
Ric

StagByTriumph Avatar
Lafayette, CO, USA   USA
In reply to # 1540485 by F1000RACER
They're stuff is ALL in need of restoration. Fairly certain they're the ones that bought the former cars owned by Wyatt Wolcott and most here know the condition they were in.

I think they also have a tendency to lets say....embellish things a bit.

GH

Hey GH...
come on ... British Car owners embellish ?!? Tell me it is not so !! ( that is not the only fragrance I state in my signature smoking smiley )

BTW, based on my TRG photos previously posted somewhere above, do you have any surrey setups that might match?
My paint is original and the photos make it look better than actual with lots of dings, dents scratches, etc, so I am looking for similar "period" TRG paint so I don't have to repaint the whole car right now, just some detailing.
I keep wrestling with the "it's only original once" views and the boxes of stuff I have toward a restoration.

F1000RACER Avatar
Alpine, CA, USA   USA
Sorry Glenn I'm hanging onto all the Surrey Tops / Backlights. I've been collecting them for a few decades now, at some point I may decide to let so of them go.

The "Only Original Once" phrase can sometimes be a monkey on your back. Don't let it rule your decision making. I just acquired a TR3B that fits that category.

GH

bltriumph Steve Choquette
Erin, ON, Canada   CAN
if wyatt one it it is rusty crap like he is

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster