AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Emergency brake "gaitor"
  This topic is about my 1968 Triumph TR250
dgetr250 Don Evans
Berea, OH, USA   USA
1968 Triumph TR250 "Gigi"
No one (not even ebay) seems to offer new or gently used "boots", the leather that covers the aft end of the emergency brake lever at the point where it attaches to it's fulcrum. I believe it is sewn into the carpet, yet it is not a part of new carpet sets. Mine is shot. Am I completely wrong on this, and am I just not looking in the right places?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Brian Oklahoma Brian Plotkin
Edmond, 73012, USA   USA
1968 Triumph TR250 "Kevin"
When I bought carpet from Moss for my TR6, the gaiter was included. Looking at Moss' carpet sets for the TR250/TR6, they appear to still include the gaiter. The problem you will run into is that you have to buy a complete carpet set. I don't believe they sell the pieces separately.

If you are willing to get a bit industrious, remove the carpet piece, use a seam ripper to unstitch the gaiter. Then go to Hobby Lobby (or some other craft store) and buy a piece of black leather, leather needle and leather thread. Then you can make a new gaiter using the old one as a pattern and stitch it back into your carpet.

Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA   USA
In reply to # 1518637 by dgetr250 No one (not even ebay) seems to offer new or gently used "boots", the leather that covers the aft end of the emergency brake lever at the point where it attaches to it's fulcrum. I believe it is sewn into the carpet, yet it is not a part of new carpet sets. Mine is shot. Am I completely wrong on this, and am I just not looking in the right places?

Don,
You’re in luck!
Rut
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/NOS-British-Leyland-Handbrake-Gauntlet-Stag-Grain-Black-Triumph-TR6-69-72-622691/182912042630?hash=item2a96684686:g:0vEAAOSwquVaCKVg&vxp=mtr

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dgetr250 Don Evans
Berea, OH, USA   USA
Thanks. I went back over the pictures of a complete carpet set at Roadster Factory and it appears the leather (or possibly vinyl) cover IS, indeed, included and sewn into the piece of carpet. I'd look at the set I bought, but I'd already dropped it off at Classic Restoration in Warren OH for the installation.

dgetr250 Don Evans
Berea, OH, USA   USA
I might get on ebay and pick this up, just in case. Thanks.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster