Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Broken Wrench Avatar
Broken Wrench Gold Member Steven S
Albuquerque, NM, USA   USA
Happy N.Y! The wiper motor works well in both speeds, but the wipers begin their return to horizontal from just past vertical which can't be right. Would be much better if they went farther, especially for the passenger. Neither Bentley or the Masters electrical books mention any adjustability for this which makes me think that there isn't any. Do I have the wrong motor or a problem with the wheel boxes?

Thanks,
Steve

68 TR250 - daily driver
62 TR4

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20171230_172139.jpg    35.6 KB
20171230_172139.jpg

Brian Oklahoma Brian Plotkin
Edmond, 73012, USA   USA
1968 Triumph TR250 "Kevin"
It looks like the correct motor. There is some adjustment of the linkage that attaches to the motor.

TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
Did you try moving the wiper arms on the spindles?

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Broken Wrench Avatar
Thanks for the replies guys. The wipers park in the correct position, so their position on the spindles is probably correct. I'll look at any adjustment possible at the cable today. I have the dash apart and window frame lifted as I'm replacing the dash pad. I guess that this would be the time to climb under and inspect the wheel boxes.

Steve

68 TR250 - daily driver
62 TR4

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, OH, USA   USA
if i remember right, not all wheel boxes are created equally. tr250 is different than tr6. trf lists different p/ns for each

carpecursusII Drew H
Oklahoma City, OK, USA   USA
That is the correct wiper motor based on serial number and manufacture date. Sounds like a gear problem.

Aphyle2012 Avatar
Aphyle2012 Silver Member Eric Pyle
Shenandoah Valley, VA, USA   USA
Yes, it does sound like a gear issue - missing/worn teeth?

Broken Wrench Avatar
Thanks for your help and info guys. I'm almost done with my dash & heater project (checked the wheel boxes while I had everything out, and they're good) so I'm leaning towards a gear issue also. One I complete the current projects, I'll open the wiper gear box, and check it out, and let you know.

Thanks again,
Steve

68 TR250 - daily driver
62 TR4

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links