AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TR250 trunk handle gasket
  This topic is about my 1968 Triumph TR250
Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
After 3D printing out some new style gaskets for my GT6 I decided to do the same for my TR250. The door handle gaskets for the TR are the same as the GT6. However, the trunk handle gasket is larger than the GT6 hatch handle which I haven't been able to find. So with this design, I added a rim at the perimeter of the gasket so the escutcheon sets down into the gasket .050 so now the gasket can't squirm out at all. The original gasket on my TR250 was a flat piece of rubber. This looks pretty nice also. Original flat gaskets are still available from our normal sources.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
TR250 trunk handle gasket-1.JPG    21.6 KB
TR250 trunk handle gasket-1.JPG

TR250 trunk handle gasket-2.JPG    27.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Brian Oklahoma Brian Plotkin
Edmond, 73012, USA   USA
1968 Triumph TR250 "Kevin"
I've been curious about 3D printing parts. What type of printer did you use? What types of material can it print?

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
I've been printing several parts lately. Most for my GT6 but a lot of parts fit the TR250 also. To date I've printed door handle gaskets, door lock gaskets, now a trunk handle gasket. Several more that only fit the GT6. I've got a list of plastic & rubber parts I'll print out. The nice thing about this is that it lets me enhance or improve on the original design. Like the door lock and handle gaskets, I built a rim that the handle sets into instead of the normal gaskets we buy that are just a flat piece of rubber that sometimes squishes out and doesn't seal out weather very well. I try to concentrate on plastic and rubber parts that are either NLA or ones I can improve on.

I'm using a Creality CR10 printer. I can print PLA (hard plastic) TPE (plastic with some flexibility), ABS, Nylon, TPU which is a cross between stiff plastic and rubber, this can be semi flexible or very close to rubber tire flexibility with a 85A durometer. There are other materials such as a PLA 40/60 which means 40% WOOD and 60% plastic. Believe it or not, that prints nicely and smells like wood when it is printing. Pretty cool. There are some so called clear PLA's and you can see through it like a frosted lens but it is not "clear" in the true definition. A lot of colors are available also.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Deer printed.JPG    40.7 KB
Deer printed.JPG

GT6 & TR door handle gaskets-1.JPG    15.1 KB
GT6 & TR door handle gaskets-2.JPG    35.1 KB
M. Pied Lourd Pied Lourd
ON, Canada   CAN
Pretty Darn Cool Brian.

Cheers
Tush

1959 TR3A
1960 TR3A
1962 TR4
1968 TR250
1973 TR6
1981 TR8
1981 Alfa Spider Veloce

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Thanks Pied. Every part I make I try on my GT or TR so I can be satisfied they work and look good.

I think I'm going to make the parts available for other Triumph enthusiasts.

Brian Oklahoma Brian Plotkin
Edmond, 73012, USA   USA
1968 Triumph TR250 "Kevin"
That would be great. Especially for those parts we can't get anymore.

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
I'm building a small website that will facilitate viewing the parts I'm designing and 3D printing and a way to easily pay for them. Starting off small and hope to keep it that way with special parts that I can improve on or provide parts that are no longer available from our regular sources. I've got a few parts designed and ready to pass through the printer.

M. Pied Lourd Pied Lourd
ON, Canada   CAN
Let us know when your website is up please. I would like to order stuff for my projects.

Cheers
Tush

1959 TR3A
1960 TR3A
1962 TR4
1968 TR250
1973 TR6
1981 TR8
1981 Alfa Spider Veloce

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster