AutoShrine Sponsor

triumph74tr6 Avatar
triumph74tr6 Chad Jester
Tulsa, OK, USA   USA
1964 Triumph Sports 6 "Speed 6"
1968 Triumph TR250 "Gene"
1971 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Ken"
1974 MG MGB GT "MiGiBiGiT"    & more
I'm thinking I may want to sell my Sports 6 Saloon project and all its parts. Any interest here?

Chad in Tulsa

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Herald948 Avatar
Herald948 Andrew Mace
East Nassau, upstate NY, USA   USA
You know all too well that the geography is the big problem for me. Beyond that, you're welcome to put me somewhere on the list of prospective buyers! grinning smiley

http://www.fairpoint.net/~herald948/database/

billspit Bill Kea
Moore, Spartanburg, SC, USA   USA
Just how much of a "project" is it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-02 08:40 AM by billspit.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
triumph74tr6 Avatar
triumph74tr6 Chad Jester
Tulsa, OK, USA   USA
It needs a full restoration but I have purchased most everything needed for it with the exception of Seat Covers, Door cards, exhaust, and tires.

MarkNapes Mark Napier
Marina del Rey, CA, USA   USA
Hello,
I own a 1962 Triumph Sports 6, and am in need of a transmission for her?! Wondering if you have or know of anyone who might help me out? I’d buy an entire transmission or may be able to get by with just the lay gear and 1st and 2nd gears only?
Thanks to anyone who may be able to help me out....??

Cheers,

Mark

Attachments:
E3D65729-D362-48A7-9E48-B7D347323CCD.jpeg    51.3 KB
E3D65729-D362-48A7-9E48-B7D347323CCD.jpeg

Herald948 Avatar
Herald948 Andrew Mace
East Nassau, upstate NY, USA   USA
Mark, have you given any thought to locating a GT6 gearbox? It should pretty much bolt in and would give you a synchro 1st, amongst other small benefits.

http://www.fairpoint.net/~herald948/database/

triumph74tr6 Avatar
triumph74tr6 Chad Jester
Tulsa, OK, USA   USA
Have you had the gearbox out / apart? I was curious what lead you to think those parts were bad.

As Andy said, a GT6 trans is a bolt-in and it gives you a synchro first gear. You may also be able to sell the original trans as racers like the close gear ratios.

Chad in Tulsa

MarkNapes Mark Napier
Hello Andrew,
Thank you for you reply & suggestion. I have given thought to it, but wasn’t sure of the ease of swapability between the two transmissions. I’ll look into that avenue further. Interestingly enough, I also own a 1969 Triumph GT6 Mk2, purchased from another Triumph Experience member several years ago. She is loaded with Right hand drive, English plates, Webasto sunroof, chrome wire wheels, working Overdrive, SU carbs, Koni’s all around, Moto-Lita steering wheel and shifter knob, auto radiator fan, oil cooler, low back seats.You can’t have just ONE little British car to wrench on...? But I really want to get my Sports 6 running again, so I appreciate your assistance.

Regards,

Mark Napier

Attachments:
92580640-2FBB-42BE-9B2C-44E20BE93E3E.jpeg    43 KB
92580640-2FBB-42BE-9B2C-44E20BE93E3E.jpeg

MarkNapes Mark Napier
Chad,
Thank you for the reply. If I remember correctly, you have a Sports 6, you got yours shortly after I got mine about 5 years ago or so? I hope you are still smiling as you cruise that Sports 6 down the road.....
Yes, I have taken it apart. The lay gear has a chipped and a broken tooth as well as some wear on 1st and 2nd gears! Ouch!! This is after having found parts and had the transmission repaired and running properly a few years back! So here I go again?!?
Your suggestion and confirmation of the ease of swapping in a GT6 transmission had really got me thinking. Much easier to find one too.
Take care.....

Regards,

Mark Napier

triumph74tr6 Avatar
triumph74tr6 Chad Jester
Tulsa, OK, USA   USA
Mark-

I've had my saloon about 12 years....just waiting on me in the garage. I really need to get started on it.

Chad

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1970 Triumph GT6 MkII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links