My Coupe was last on the road in 1970

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

coupe  948 downunder Avatar
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia   AUS
If I had a bottomless wallet I would be ordering a brand new engine quicker that you could blink Peter but like most of us I have to watch my pennies and spending on my car very much falls into "discretionary"spending that has to come after so many other family commitments so I have to try to firstly make the most of what I've already got (like the head and carbs off my existing 948 engine) and that which I can get for as little money as possible and I have a brother has three 1200 engines in his shed that rises up the list of things that I can contemplate doing with my resources.
With regard to the oil filter the 948 engine uses a different set up to the one in your link and while there is an adaptor available its $170 AUD it does not alter the fact that the early engine does not have a full flow oil filtering system like the later iterations of Triumph's engine

I would likewise love to have extractors but as I have made up several sets of headers over the years I may just have a go ant making some for this car too the most tedious /difficult part is cutting out the flange as I did on another project which took ages with drills and files but worked out well in the end

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Phil C Philip Chapman
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand   NZL
New member here. I have a rear coupe tub to dispose of. Good condition. No roof. What would this be worth.? I live in New Zealand. Phil C

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1975 Triumph TR6

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links