AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

uniquemicro Avatar
uniquemicro ken crawford
barboursville, VA, USA   USA
1976 Triumph TR6 "Dasher"
1980 Triumph 1500
My 1976 TR6 does not have the center console your does Douglas.
What gives?
Thanks,
ken

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Thunderinjp Avatar
Thunderinjp John Inch
Glace Bay, NS, Canada   CAN
1973 Triumph TR6 "Little Red"
You can order them from here; http://www.triumphconsoles.com/

hogan1945 Avatar
hogan1945 Silver Member Douglas F
Woodbury, MN, USA   USA
1968 Pontiac GTO "Tempest"
1976 Triumph TR6
1976 Triumph TR6
1976 Triumph TR6    & more
The arm rest is a portable one that I ordered through JC Whitney for $49.00 in 2011.
It is great for that extra storage, it was inexpensive, it installed in seconds,
and best of all it looks great.
I checked there site and I am sorry, but it is no longer available.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
docman Avatar
docman Bob Harris
Dearborn, MI, USA   USA
1972 Triumph GT6 MkIII "SOLD"
1983 Ford Mustang "Daddy's"
2015 Jaguar XF "Kitty"
Yikes, that link's console was $265.

Here's one for $150 http://www.spitfireoptions.com/ProductA.html

Thunderinjp Avatar
Thunderinjp John Inch
Excellent option; thanks for posting the link, Bob.

I tried to order it but their web page won't link to PayPal with the provided link --- I'm waiting for a reply . . .

moneytime Avatar
moneytime Milt Patnor
denver, CO, USA   USA
1972 Triumph TR6 "Old Nellie"
Hi Guys, I have a 1972 TR 6, and need to know if a 1974 OE hardtop will fit on my year car?
Thanks for any help.

Thunderinjp Avatar
Thunderinjp John Inch
In reply to # 1355931 by moneytime Hi Guys, I have a 1972 TR 6, and need to know if a 1974 OE hardtop will fit on my year car?
Thanks for any help.

To my knowledge they only made one hardtop. I got one from, (I think), a '75 and I dry fitted it to my '73 with no issues . . .

Ponced Silver Member Dan Pollard
Huntsville, AL, USA   USA
1969 Triumph TR6
1969 Triumph TR6 "PONCE TR"
Hi. I am trying to install a refurbished factory TR6 hardtop on my 69 TR6. I set the top in place, and believe it is positioned correctly because the rear deck holes are aligned. I am having trouble in several areas.
1. I removed the black rubber plugs. the holes in the top of the windshield frame apparently are not aligned and when I insert the black domed head bolt up thru the bottom side of the windshield frame and receiver/spacers, the bolts are pointed back at a big angle and won't go into the holes (and captured nut) in the front rim of the hardtop.
2. The top wont drop into place and fit snugly at the rear deck. I removed interior pieces to assure they did not cause the interference at the side/rear deck lip. The hardtop weather strip may contribute to this interference and resultant high position but I don't think it is the primary issue.
3. The black domed head bolt used to draw down the side of the top seems to bottom out in the threads in the tie bar barrel. They seam to be too long. They are the same as the bolts I am using in the first issue at the windshield frame I described above. These bolts all came from roadster factory along with instructions for mounting. Any insight to resolve is appreciated.
thank you. Danny

Attachments:
20171210_073705.jpg    28.3 KB
20171210_073705.jpg

20171210_074135.jpg    33.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20171210_074630 (1).jpg    54.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
docman Avatar
docman Bob Harris
Dearborn, MI, USA   USA
1972 Triumph GT6 MkIII "SOLD"
1983 Ford Mustang "Daddy's"
2015 Jaguar XF "Kitty"
Sorry I can't respond regarding your fitment issues. It has been too long since I had my TR6, but I remember the hardtop bolts never gave me any problems.

Your car reminds me a lot of mine with wire wheels and fog-lights. My 71 was Laurel Green and I had mounted a Stebro exhaust after 2 (annual) original muffler replacements. One of the best sounding exhaust notes I ever heard.

hogan1945 Avatar
hogan1945 Silver Member Douglas F
Woodbury, MN, USA   USA
1968 Pontiac GTO "Tempest"
1976 Triumph TR6
1976 Triumph TR6
1976 Triumph TR6    & more
Danny,
First problem, you might need to loosen your windshield frame support bolts located each side. Then you can angle your window frame better to allow the hard top mount bolt to make contact with the nut in the hard top?
Or you can make sure that the front hardtop seal is not inpairing your bolt angle. clean that hole opening completely of any front rubber seal. also if you are trying to use the round centering shims, that go through the windshield frame that the bolts go thru don't. They will make your front mount bolts miss aline also. Just be sure not to put tooo much torque when tighting the front mount bolts, or you could collapse the window frame bolt area.
Second problem, your side mounting units. I put the whole thing to gether first then loosly mount the two 3/8 mounting bolts to the hardtop. then pull down on your hardtop to get the bottom screw to aline with hole and tighten. buy the way i start all mounting bolts loosely then tighen.
The side mounting units are side specific. But you may already know that.
I also put a soft cloth pad between the rear rubber bumper pad and the paint. Or in the spring you will need to use some rubbing compound on the paint to remove the rubber pad mount spot.
The two rear mount bolts usually install with no problems.
I start my installation, rear first, sides second, then front two bolts.
Good Luck
There is a u tube install but i can't find it

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster