AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Dodgebrother Avatar
Dodgebrother Rick Cook
Dodge city, OR, USA   USA
Hello,

I was visiting with a friend of mine last night, who just recently had spent in the low 5-fgures range in chroming done for a show Buick. He had no choice but did point out that for cars where you can buy 're-pops' like Mustangs, Camaro's etc. it's always less expensive than re-chroming. Sometimes the quality of the part isn't there, although the chrome is usual as good or better than it would have been on the original GM/Ford/Chrysler pieces from back in the day.

Has anyone purchased the bumpers, from Moss Motors in the last few years? Were you pleased with the quality & fit? Since I want the earlier bumper style and don't have one on hand, I have to purchase one. Then with shipping and re-chroming at about $500 per bumper, it's less expensive to buy the Moss units.

Thank you!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Dodgebrother Avatar
Dodgebrother Rick Cook
Well, I guess most everyone must either re-chrome their originals or be buying the new one's from someone else. If the latter is try, who did you buy new ones from? Thanks!

poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Sandy Hook, MS, USA   USA
Stainless from:
https://groupharrington.com/?s=triumph+tr6&post_type=product
I'm happy with them, but there are differences between chrome and stainless.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Dodgebrother Avatar
Dodgebrother Rick Cook
$1,000 delivered isn't bad at all but I now have a beautiful re-chromed early rear bumper and though stainless polishes up beautiful, I'd rather have a chrome front bumper. Plus it looks like they only sell them in pairs.

Thank you!

Dodgebrother Avatar
Dodgebrother Rick Cook
Two quick updates.

Harrington will sell the stainless bumpers individually, and they are 'made' when you place an order & pay a deposit, and delivered in 40 days.

Second update was from Chris Roop and he checked with his source at Moss. They have no tr6 bumpers currently, and are looking at a different supplier. They felt the bumpers were not as good as they could have been, that they sold previously.

Since my current front bumper is not really in bad shape, I'm going to run it this year, and see if an early style, chromed replacement bumper become available by next Spring.

poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Sandy Hook, MS, USA   USA
I know Harrington says 40 days...they told me the same thing, but they were delivered in half that time.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1971 Triumph TR6

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links