Rear hub assembly needed

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

gbtr6 Perry Rondou
Titletown, WI, USA   USA
While replacing my u-joints, my driver side rear hub is a bit rough. When rotating it, you can feel a ‘roughness’ to it. And it rotates very easily. The other side rotates smoothly and a bit ‘firmer’ if you will. No play in them.

Anyone out there have a good used one to spare, that may be close the Wisconsin so shipping isn’t a killer?

Thanks,
Perry

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
philstr6 phil Jaegeling
arroyo grande calif, USA   USA
Perry,I can help with your hub
Philstr6
Phil

DeepSix Avatar
DeepSix Silver Member Paul Vovk
Omaha, NE, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "DeepSix"
Definitely go with Phil (sjaegeling@aol.com). He did both of my hubs. Very reasonable, fast, and friendly. I've only read good things about his work on this forum from others.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Sandy Hook, MS, USA   USA
Don't get a 'used' one even if it's free...get a properly rebuilt one from Phil.

tomshobby Avatar
tomshobby Tom Smith
Windsor, WI, USA   USA
I have a new pair from Goodparts just waiting to be installed. I rebuilt mine at least ten years ago and have driven many tens of thousands of miles since. I have recently restoring my 6 this is one of the last things to do to get my 6 ready for the rest of my life.

Tom Smith
1976 TR6
1974 Midget

gbtr6 Perry Rondou
Titletown, WI, USA   USA
Thanks for the replies. I have a local guy that I got a good used one from, out of a car with low miles. I've gotten them from him in the past and had good success. Later, I may spring for Goodparts hubs.

Perry

cmgmg Avatar
cmgmg Michael Garrido
New York, NY, USA   USA
Kudos to Phil (sjaegeling@aol.com) who walked me through the process when I did it myself.

Broken Wrench Avatar
Broken Wrench Gold Member Steven S
Albuquerque, NM, USA   USA
+1 for Phil. He did both of mine and they came back very fast and like brand new.

Steve

68 TR250 - daily driver
62 TR4

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster