AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

donrissa Avatar
donrissa Don G
Coventry, RI, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Elsie"
In reply to # 1540431 by allzway I need a set if you still have them available. My car I am working has no belts.

James

Hi James, I have one set left. PM me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-13 09:18 PM by donrissa.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
stevenearrichmond Silver Member Steve Terrell
Mechanicsville, VA, USA   USA
I just purchased a set of 4 from the ebay link and installed 2 of them in my 74 TR6. Perfect fit, just had to enlarge the opening in the outer bottom attachment a TINY amount in order to allow them to swivel. Also had to add a washer to the wheel arch swivel mount because it is a bit thicker than the originals.
I have 2 extras if anyone wants them. $30 plus shipping.
Regards
Steve

smaceng Avatar
smaceng Scott Macdonald
Martinez, CA, USA   USA
I too purchased the Hummer 2 belts from the ebay link and installed them today.
I'm pleased so far, take up is good and the placement of the latch is good. Like the other installer, I cut the tang off the back of the take up reel.

I also added a washer under the upper B pillar loop to eliminate the belt dragging on the vinyl. Here are some pictures. I ordered some hardware from Seatbeltsplus (FHD-1046-1) as I did not have all the sufficient parts. I also installed a seat belt guide (Moss 222-198), which I like.

I too have a couple of extra belts.

Scott in CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-18 12:19 AM by smaceng.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
DSCN2007.JPG    31.2 KB
DSCN2007.JPG

DSCN2008.JPG    41.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
DSCN2011.JPG    39.7 KB
DSCN2015.JPG    44.8 KB
YankeeTR5 Dan M
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
Scott, nice writeup and pics. Thank you. And especially for the pic of the Moss seatbelt guide. That solves a big problem!

Kiwi64 James Gordon
Brisbane, Australia   AUS
Hi

I have just upgraded my seatbelts from static to inertia on my '69 TR6. I ordered the Securon 514/30 belts which fit my car as i have a roll bar in the way - the inertia reel is secured at the bottom of the roll bar. The receiving ends could have been a tad longer (they were the longest I could find) but I feel a lot safer with the inertias!

Regards

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster